Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be half and half scarves for the first game to complete the love-in?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...and will there be a half and half sick bucket for those of us not exactly enamoured with this fixture?

I wanted it to be against someone like Leeds or Pompey so we can kick off our first Amex experience with a hostile, raucous, noisy occasion. Reading some of the posts on here, the loudest sounds are going to be the slappety slap of his and his reach-arounds. Are Donny even going to sell-out this fixture?

Not happy at all with this draw. :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Donny don't sell it out, it means more tickets for Albion fans.

Besides, it's a lovely draw Lee you miserable old GOAT.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Cheer up fella, what could possibly be wrong with the last visitors to teh Goldstone being the first at the Amex?

Half and half scarves, are not for me, but I bet there will be some.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm still gutted at missing out on the 50p post match Stoke half and half scarves surely the most pointless piece of football memorabilia ever.

As for the first game, it's a marvellous draw, get the sentiment out of the way in one fell swoop and follow it up with bile and loathing at Pompey the week after.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The police had already said that they didn't want a high-profile game for the first match, so Pompey and Leeds was never going to happen.

Doncaster is a brilliant game though - don't be an old sourpuss.

(agree about half and half scarves though, never seen the point)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
AS long as they let us win, I couldn't care less who we play first up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If I was going to the PSG game, then I would want a half-and-half scarf.

...and will there be a half and half sick bucket for those of us not exactly enamoured with this fixture?

I wanted it to be against someone like Leeds or Pompey so we can kick off our first Amex experience with a hostile, raucous, noisy occasion. Reading some of the posts on here, the loudest sounds are going to be the slappety slap of his and his reach-arounds. Are Donny even going to sell-out this fixture?

Not happy at all with this draw. :(

Do behave - it's the opening game of the season in a symbolic meeting, and at our lovely new stadium.
If it were say 11 games into the season on a wet day maybe, I can imagine an empty seat or two in the away end - but not for this one.
The feelgood factor is humungous, so I have no idea how anyone can have a diminishing perspective on it.

All the fans are just going to love it - and for many it will rank higher than being at a World Cup final.

But still, people can find a dark lining in any silver cloud :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Half and half scarves are, truly, quite ridiculous.

Unless, of course, they are paired with matching half and half wigs in which case the wearer is a true WINNER.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can see where Ponce is coming from. The first game was always going to be an emotional one for us regardless, but I don't want it to turn into some mutual happy-clappy love-in with the away fans, with group hugs, tears and snot all over the shop. Bottom line, its our first game, and I'd like an openly HOSTILE atmosphere towards the opposition to help our team smash the GRANNY out of theirs and crown the occasion with a stonking win and 3 points.

Engage and chat with the Donnies fans before and after the game by all means. But save the mutual masturbation for the messageboards.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where were all these people who are now proclaiming how shit half and half scarves are when that muppet from Wrexham came on here with literally the SHITTEST looking half and half scarves I have ever seen? They were so bad, they would make a market trader blush.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not a great draw though. It's like losing your virginity at college. Leeds, Pompey, Palace, Saints - they're all like those birds where you had heard they let you do all sorts of stuff on them.

Donny Rovers is that girl who is secretary of the book club who you sat next to at middle school and has always had a crush on you even though you've never paid her much attention. If you lose your virginity to her then it'll be nice but it will be strictly missionary, they'll want all that kissing and cuddling shit (copyright Tony Meola's Loan Spell) and even worse expect you to respect them in the morning.

Pah. I want dirty dirty Leeds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's AUGUST, ffs. Who wears a scarf in August?
Anyone up for acting like a complete lickspittle to a Wrexham supporting schoolboy, while wishing to publicly display their supafan and faux-solidarity credentials?

There were enough of them about a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here