Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the Woking game be on the TELLYBOX ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Almost correct 8 we played them in Feb 2002 on a Monday night at Withdean not on live telly Melton Zamora and Junior Lewis. And then in April 2003 at the Madejski when indeed Kitson scored on a Friday night, live on Sky.

Why did we play on a monday? One forgets these things.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
We also played Reading at Withdean on Sky in about March 2005 I think when Forster handballed it in and Hinshelwood did his knee in for the first time?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Last game of the season against Ipswich I seem to recall, 2006 ?

Sky as Well

and yes Reading down here was on Sky - but it was the one where Forster CHEATED a winner out of us , and the one away with the quickly taken free kick

ITV Digital as stated has covered the Brentford and Stoke away games

turns out not to be such a stupid question did it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Leeds are in the Championship. Championship clubs do not enter the FA Cup until the Third round.

Someone asked where leeds were, and had a jester icon with it, 227bha explained they are in the championship. Someone replied with a facepalm icon, as if the joke is obvious. The joke of it all is what 227 isn't getting. I don't get it, either.

Why is asking where leeds are funny?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When you're a fan of one club it can be quite easy to either overstate how big an upcoming game is to neutral fans, how much appeal it has etc, or sometimes to go the other way and assume a big game is only big because it's our club, so no one else will be interested.

For a 'neutral view'

FC United of Manchester were rewarded for a battling victory over Barrow with a local FA Cup first round tie at Rochdale.

The club, which was set up by disillusioned supporters of Manchester United in 2005, beat Barrow in the fourth qualifying round at Gigg Lane on Sunday.

Carlos Roca scored the only goal of the game 12 minutes from time, in front of a crowd of 3,229.

Elsewhere in the first round draw memories of past giantkillings will be flooding back for Woking supporters after the Cards were drawn to play 1983 finalists Brighton and Hove Albion. The game at Withdean Stadium will be one of the highlights of next month's first round.

Many eyes will also be on Haig Avenue, where Southport will play Sheffield Wednesday. Corby take on Luton Town, while there will be an east London derby between Dagenham & Redbridge and Leyton Orient.

Vauxhall Motors, who memorably beat Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road in a first round replay in 2002, travel to Hartlepool.

Notts County, who sacked their manager Craig Short on Sunday, will entertain Gateshead.

Woking wrote their name into FA Cup folklore in 1991, when Tim Buzaglo scored the most extraordinary of hat-tricks to give the then Isthmian League side a 4-2 win over West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns.

Their meeting with Albion is the first since 1992, when Brighton won a second round tie after a draw at the old Goldstone Ground and a narrow victory in the replay at Kingfield.
Woking's number was drawn out of the hat by well known Brighton fan Norman Cook, or 'Fatboy Slim', at Wembley Stadium.

Read more: FA CUP FIRST ROUND DRAW: FC United of Manchester to play Rochdale | Mail Online

Maybe we are in with a good shout of being televised.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When are the games on TV announced?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why did we play on a monday? One forgets these things.

We were due to play them on the Tuesday night, but Reading's following match on the Saturday was pulled forward to Thursday to allow ITV Digital to show it live. So they moved the Tuesday match to Monday.

I remember this because I'd booked a long weekend away with the misuss, and was due to come back on the Tuesday afternoon in time for the match. Then they bloody moved it, so I missed one of the best nights at Withdean (so I'm told). :rant:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We were due to play them on the Tuesday night, but Reading's following match on the Saturday was pulled forward to Thursday to allow ITV Digital to show it live. So they moved the Tuesday match to Monday.

I remember this because I'd booked a long weekend away with the misuss, and was due to come back on the Tuesday afternoon in time for the match. Then they bloody moved it, so I missed one of the best nights at Withdean (so I'm told). :rant:

Cheers, knew there was some reason. Yes it was a good night - this man wouldn't agree though:

Alan-Pardew-001.jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ITV are saving us for Next season, Rd 3 at home to Man U, the first ever Cup tie at the AMEX :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here