Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will the rivalry grow or die?

palace2

Jan 21, 2010
Well with you no shows it will only get worse got sent running and flares chucked at you no police around still didn't fancy it and bolted

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
Well with you no shows it will only get worse got sent running and flares chucked at you no police around still didn't fancy it and bolted

lol you twat, been watching daany dwyer, there was OB everywhere..............................fool

excuse the confused "Palace" supporter

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could it be affected by the southampton grudge match?

I know the idea of southampton as rivals is offensive to some fans, but the last couple of seasons with them has been very much like the start of the palace feud.

If a southampton feud grows (say, saints fail to go up, brighton fans who were put out by their bragging this season and sense of entitlement last season would certainly take pleasure in it, exacerbating the bad feelings between clubs, more poyet/adkins agitation to look forward to, or brighton sneak a play off place and go up then next year we battle them for survival in the prem), especially since so many fans are too young or too new to understand the palace feud, it could have an impact on the palace feud.

Crenol

Jan 22, 2012
Could it be affected by the southampton grudge match?

I know the idea of southampton as rivals is offensive to some fans, but the last couple of seasons with them has been very much like the start of the palace feud.

If a southampton feud grows (say, saints fail to go up, brighton fans who were put out by their bragging this season and sense of entitlement last season would certainly take pleasure in it, exacerbating the bad feelings between clubs, more poyet/adkins agitation to look forward to, or brighton sneak a play off place and go up then next year we battle them for survival in the prem), especially since so many fans are too young or too new to understand the palace feud, it could have an impact on the palace feud.

I hope you don't move on to Southampton. To be honest though if we stay in the same division our rivalry should grow again back towards what it apparently used to be.
As to Southampton ever seeing you as rivals, unless Pompey get destroyed then there is pretty much no hope. That rivalry has a lot more hatred than most in this country.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Palace and Brighton are never going to love each other and mean nothing more than any other team, it will always be heated. For most they will always be despised.

For Brigthon their is one arch rival - Palace, though we have heated games with lesser rivalries like saints, Pompey etc.

For Palace, their main arch rival depends on who you talk to, many in the older generations will say Brighton, some Millwall, but many of the younger lot, who started following Palarse when we were under Archer and not in that same division, think Charlton are bigger. Thought it seems a Majority think we are their arch rival. Official things always link Brighton and Palace as arch rivals.

Next season Palace may potentially have Albion, Millwall and Charlton in the same league, so that divides some of their fanbase into who they despise the most.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Palace will always be the dirty scummy bastards to me, and that will never change.

Due to them being dirty scummy bastards.

TB

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Up yours tory boy !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a Palace fan but this is just embarrassing.
Don't worry, all clubs have their share of idiot fans.

philmyglass

Banned
Jan 26, 2012
Palace and Brighton are never going to love each other and mean nothing more than any other team, it will always be heated. For most they will always be despised.

For Brigthon their is one arch rival - Palace, though we have heated games with lesser rivalries like saints, Pompey etc.

For Palace, their main arch rival depends on who you talk to, many in the older generations will say Brighton, some Millwall, but many of the younger lot, who started following Palarse when we were under Archer and not in that same division, think Charlton are bigger. Thought it seems a Majority think we are their arch rival. Official things always link Brighton and Palace as arch rivals.

Next season Palace may potentially have Albion, Millwall and Charlton in the same league, so that divides some of their fanbase into who they despise the most.

Palace's only rivals are Brighton,

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It will fade but never go, some of the younger fans don't understand and the history will need to be taught..

Hopefully the thugs will get bred out of it generationally but the sentiment of a good football rivalry will remain.

The first reply sums it up REV.

I would wager he is a teenager or early twenties with no knowledge of the history of the fixture and what can happen.

Schooled by his elders, as are ours, into the haterd without really experiencing what "this tie" without adequate policing would degenerate into. Sterile enviroments without experiencing the fear will only breed a false feeling of bravado that the worst cannot happen, untill it does.

I for one would like to be elsewhere if this happens again, add into that I'm way to old to run fast.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Until the REMF have match up with saints not a chance.

Jan 12, 2012
As much as you think you're a great catch , who would have you ? All this talk of Southampton, do you think its mutual ? Your like a irritating little brother to them, not like their hate filled matches with Pompey.
Your only other option would be Crawley, would you lower yourself to that level ? Maybe in a couple of years you could be in the same league, who knows.
Unfortunately,until that day, you're stuck with us.

The Ice Cream

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
Fact is if you dong hate CP then your not Brighton. Love BHA hate Palace there is no in between.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here