Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the game be on?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
VERY frosty this morning - passed Withdean on the train, couldn't tell if the pitch was covered or if it was under frost. I imagine it was the former - they aren't stupid are they? However, with it being so icy, will the stands be up to it or deemed too slippery?

I hope the sun warms the place up a bit!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Depends what the running track and the cheap taccy slippery stands are like, doesn't just depend on the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The giraffe lawn is rock solid, as is the Goldstone grass in it's pot. I fear it could be off.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
would be nice if they put something on the official website.... surely someone must know if it is certainly on or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chidgull

Apr 29, 2006
anyone in BN with local info on Withdean ? Its -2.5c in the south of Surrey and the local pitch is frozen solid. I guess the covers may help at withers .........

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Once the game is underway there are additional sources of heat in the stadium such as the flood lights and the spectators.

It's a little known fact that a person, at rest, emits about 125W of heat. So for every 8 spectators you have the equivalent of a 1KW electric fire.

Of course if the crowd gets excited and jumps about a bit this will go up considerably.:thumbsup:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Once the game is underway there are additional sources of heat in the stadium such as the flood lights and the spectators.

It's a little known fact that a person, at rest, emits about 125W of heat. So for every 8 spectators you have the equivalent of a 1KW electric fire.

Of course if the crowd gets excited and jumps about a bit this will go up considerably.:thumbsup:

And don't forget the global warming effect caused by 6,000 people exhaling carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should be on as warming up now

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Still nothing on club website (or Northampton's either). SCR has just announced that Eastbourne Borough is postponed and 12 noon inspection at Aldershot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here