Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the budget mean an increase in the cost of food at the Amex?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
LB i've just been reading up about it - It seems there was already VAT on both ALL Eat in food or takeaway HOT food and they have closed a loophole that supermarkets and bakers were using to avoid VAT on takeaway food they said was consumed off premises. I think cold take away food is still exempt!!!

You would be amazed at the amount of takeaway food that is consumed in supermarkets and never paid for.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would be amazed at the amount of takeaway food that is consumed in supermarkets and never paid for.

Apparently according to an Asda manager they cannot do anything if you pick up a cooked chicken and eat it until you have passed check out as you may keep the wrapper and allow them to zap it through the till. I once saw a woman take a chicken and break it into 4 for her and her 3 children and then give them each a bottle of pop from a 6 pack and they stood in the shop and consumed it all, mind it was Asda in Crawley.

Back on topic I dont think the prices should go up asa result of the budget other than possibly the alcoholic drinks.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Apparently according to an Asda manager they cannot do anything if you pick up a cooked chicken and eat it until you have passed check out as you may keep the wrapper and allow them to zap it through the till. I once saw a woman take a chicken and break it into 4 for her and her 3 children and then give them each a bottle of pop from a 6 pack and they stood in the shop and consumed it all, mind it was Asda in Crawley.

Back on topic I dont think the prices should go up asa result of the budget other than possibly the alcoholic drinks.

*Asdas

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

There wasn't a change to alcoholic drinks at all in the budget, I thought?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I was talking about the food that is eaten on the way round the supermarket and the wrapping etc which is then dumped on the shelves as the customer has no intention of paying for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here