Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will The Amex Credibility As A Gig Venue Be Sunk By Sunday Morning?

Cheffy

Jan 12, 2010
In answer to THPPs original question, no I don't think it will be detrimental to the Amex as a future concert venue. One of the considerations in the build of the stadium was for concerts, OK only 2 a year at the moment, but that is expected to change. Assuming the stadium puts on an excellent show regarding quality, sound, view, facilities etc, then the reputation will be built on that, not the travel. For example, the Ricoh Arena was built with the same considerations, now it is regarded as a 1st class live music venue by the acts themselves, and the Ricoh has rubbish transport links.

Went to Ricoh last Tuesday to see Coldplay, took 2hrs to get out of the carpark. ruined a good night! Never use it again to see a gig

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Good to see there is a free shuttle bus running between Old Steine and the Amex to help get people away though.
so say there are 15k people trying to catch this bus and the journey takes 15 mins, the people at the back of the queue should be at the old steine by about Wednesday morning.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
so say there are 15k people trying to catch this bus and the journey takes 15 mins, the people at the back of the queue should be at the old steine by about Wednesday morning.

There are SIXTY buses.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bendies ?

Would have thought so, carry like 100 each dont they ? Would have thought most of those will be waiting in the area after the concert finishes.

Should add that the planning on the station closure is a bit pathetic, i mean its not as if the Epsom Derby and the Jubilee weekend dates were finalised in say February. Should of been decided that the station was going to be closed when tickets went on sale - do the relevant groups/organisers never have meetings ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So sixty bendy buses, and Wikipedia puts their capacity at about 120 people each (although I don't specifically know what the Brighton ones are). That gives them capacity to move 7,200 people in one go. Obviously they won't be doing that, but it still seems pretty impressive as a solution given the stupid train issues. I wonder if they'll try and get it timed so it's an endless loop (i.e. as the last buses are filling up the first ones are arriving back from town). Could be tricky with traffic as well, but if they can pull it off it'd keep people happy. I'm quite happy to wait if I can see there are buses waiting, but I'd be annoyed if there's nothing ready to take me.

Jan 30, 2008
So sixty bendy buses, and Wikipedia puts their capacity at about 120 people each (although I don't specifically know what the Brighton ones are). That gives them capacity to move 7,200 people in one go. Obviously they won't be doing that, but it still seems pretty impressive as a solution given the stupid train issues. I wonder if they'll try and get it timed so it's an endless loop (i.e. as the last buses are filling up the first ones are arriving back from town). Could be tricky with traffic as well, but if they can pull it off it'd keep people happy. I'm quite happy to wait if I can see there are buses waiting, but I'd be annoyed if there's nothing ready to take me.
be annoyed , very annoyed :thumbsup: I'LL BE EXPECTING A PHONE CALL :whistle:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to Ricoh last Tuesday to see Coldplay, took 2hrs to get out of the carpark. ruined a good night! Never use it again to see a gig

What was more enjoyable, Coldplay or the 2hrs stuck in the car park?

fattyjohn

Jun 17, 2011
north roedean
brighton and hove don't have 60 bendies,they only have 10 at the most

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here