Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Southend be made pay-on-the day?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Apparantly... Southend HATE us and the police think it's going to kick off. Not sure if it will be made all ticket for that reason. :shrug:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Seeming as I got sent a paper ticket I doubt they are operating on a smart card system

I have a paper ticket too, but it has a bar code on it, maybe we have to insert the bar code into a reader on the turnstile to get in, like Watford and MK. They could still sell on the day though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
tell a lie...just got this email from them, not sure if its 100% true but...

If you require away tickets then it will be ticket only and these can be
purchased at Brighton, however if you wish to purchase tickets for the
home end you do have to be registered with us on the system, meaning
that you have previously purchased tickets with us before.

Thank You for your enquiry

This is a bit annoying as I will not know until Friday whether I can make this. Looks like I won't be going now !

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
tell a lie...just got this email from them, not sure if its 100% true but...

If you require away tickets then it will be ticket only and these can be
purchased at Brighton, however if you wish to purchase tickets for the
home end you do have to be registered with us on the system, meaning
that you have previously purchased tickets with us before.

Thank You for your enquiry

This is a bit annoying as I will not know until Friday whether I can make this. Looks like I won't be going now !

You can order from the club office until Friday, then pick them up at the box office at Southend.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There are barcode readers on the gates at Southend.

I went into the club shop at roots hall to buy tickets but was told that they are taking ticketing for this game seriously and that they were only available from Brighton (previously they were prepared to print some off there and then)

So I just picked mine up from the shop in Queens road when I went to see my lad.

Does anyone know how many we have sold?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Someone rang up, i think it was towards the end of last week, and over half of the 2200 (?) allocation had been sold. Shame its not pay on the day, as would attract a fair few more.

I have 2 non- white members who want to come. If they joined for this game would their membership be valid until the end of the season or a calender year?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If the unsold tickets aren't going to be on sale on the day at the ground why aren't we allowed to sell them all the way upto Saturday morning? Surely it makes no difference when the club send the unsold ones back?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah, it would be ideal if you could pick them up before jumping on a train Saturday morning. Pft, oh well. Southend have been granted another week so at least we know the game's happening now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am fairly certain that Southend of a bar code entry system on the tickets or did have last year so pay on the day is unlikely unless like MK Dons last year you buy a ticket at the ticket office and then enter the ground via the bar coded turnstiles.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I am fairly certain that Southend of a bar code entry system on the tickets or did have last year so pay on the day is unlikely unless like MK Dons last year you buy a ticket at the ticket office and then enter the ground via the bar coded turnstiles.

There is a ticket sale booth right next to the turnies but the f***ing queue tends to be immense as they will only have one bored chav in there selling them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here