Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Southend be made pay-on-the day?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yes, they always do at every ground (as long as it is not sold out). The police won't want bored Albion fans wandering around Southend all afternoon.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no,they are doing a card smart system for this game

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dunno,was told brighton wont be able to buy on the day because of it

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
dunno,was told brighton wont be able to buy on the day because of it

Sounds dubious. What system could they possibly employ? I have my ticket and there is no indication on it that it belongs to me. I also bought tickets for friends will they have to arrive with me? It is also extremely unlikely that our ticket office would have a compatible system for them to check who tickets were sold to. Still reckon it will be pay on the gate, Southend need the money.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Southend are facing a final winding up order in court tomorrow over the £400k they still owe HMRC.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Southend Tickets will NOT be available for pay on the gate. That is what Southend told the ticket office when I went to get my ticket yesterday

They will be available in the club shop until Friday lunchtime, after that, then you wont be getting a ticket

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Anyone knows what happens if they do go out of business before Saturday? They said on Sky this morning that the club had been told this is definitively the last chance to pay the money.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am not doing anything on Saturday and would love to go but I fear if I order today they won't arrive in time and then I'll be screwed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Crodo, can you get to the club shop by Fridaylunchtime? If not I'll probably be heading there sometime Friday morning to get myself a ticket if Southend aren't wound up or if it's not a sellout.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I am not doing anything on Saturday and would love to go but I fear if I order today they won't arrive in time and then I'll be screwed.

If your order today you can pick up from the away box at southend on the day, you just cant buy it there

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i ordered one for a mate an hour ago , ticket office are usually pretty good . will prob arrive tomorrow or fri so i shouldnt worry. if it doesnt come they ll find a way of getting you in as they have a record of you actually buying a ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here