Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Rooney be the last soccerball player sex scandal?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
From what I hear from multiple sources there is another England player who has been up to no good and has got a super-injunction preventing the media telling everyone about it.

You only need an ordinary injunction for that. A super injunction is something else again - it doesn't just stop you reporting something, it stops you reporting that there is something that stops you reporting something.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes AND no. Basically there are probably LOADS. Some reach the papers and some dont.

Its the Max Clifford thing. Essentially its dont run that story about xxxxxx instead I will give you a story about yyyyyy instead.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
It never ceases to amaze me how footballers/celebrities in general cannot help f***ing up. It's not limited to England either. Ben Rothlesberger (probably spelt that wrong) has sailed pretty close to the wind a couple of times now in narrowly avoiding rape charges.
I wonder it's more prevelant these days , if the media is better at getting the stories or a bit of both?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's a pretty easy question.

Have footballers got a cock and balls? - check

Do they get smokin hot chicks offering themselves up to be ramrodded by even the ugliest footballers - check

I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Its a personal problem which is not our business, I think its high time the media gets its act sorted out.

Don't understand this. The newspaper's business is to sell papers. If a story interests enough people, then they'll sell more. Two hot areas of interest are footballers and sex - if you combine the two then there's going to be an increase in sales (and don't forget that for the Murdoch press there's the added incentive of increased interest in the Prem, leading to more Sky viewers). You obviously have an increase in footballer sex scandals otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the thread.

It seems to me that, in this respect at least, the media business is well sorted.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's all been reported in the newspapers. They are allowed to print of their existence since another newspaper (which wasn't the subject of the super injunction) printed they er.. existed.It's all rather silly.

It hasn't been reported. Even websites aren't saying much. Is that why you can't tell us all on here??

And on a separate note, does anyone look at goalymoly.com ? I've just discovered it (searching for hot goss like the nosey juvenile I am) and it's a great read.

Talking of great reads... Diary of a Pro Footballer: The Truth About Sex and Footballers | Sabotage Times

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It hasn't been reported. Even websites aren't saying much. Is that why you can't tell us all on here??

And on a separate note, does anyone look at goalymoly.com ? I've just discovered it (searching for hot goss like the nosey juvenile I am) and it's a great read.

Talking of great reads... Diary of a Pro Footballer: The Truth About Sex and Footballers | Sabotage Times

Re-read the post, the existence of the super injunctions has been very much reported.

England footballer uses court to prevent expose | Mail Online

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But coming back onto topic.
Injunction, super injunctions, lawyers, advisors, hefty legal fees, on and on and on.

My point being why would you put yourself through it, having watched others do it.

The bottom line is though, when a young bloke, steaming drunk, trying to look good in front of his mates, has an 18 year old blonde offer him a no-strings blow job in a club toilet, do you think he stops to consider super injunctions???

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Its a personal problem which is not our business, I think its high time the media gets its act sorted out.

Generally i wouldagree with that, where it relates to behaviours off the field, though i cant help thinking that where it supposedly impacts his performances, as has been speculated that he was affected by the likelihood it will come out during the world cup, it does become more relevant.
how and what is reported in the media though is a different matter.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Generally i wouldagree with that, where it relates to behaviours off the field, though i cant help thinking that where it supposedly impacts his performances, as has been speculated that he was affected by the likelihood it will come out during the world cup, it does become more relevant.
how and what is reported in the media though is a different matter.

Media like the Sun and News Of The World will report news that appeals to their readers and makes them want to buy the paper, and rightly or wrongly footballers in sex scandals is right up there. The other argument you can make is that kids look up to them and probably shouldn't be brought up thinking it's OK to cheat on your wife with a hooker just because you can.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But coming back onto topic.
Injunction, super injunctions, lawyers, advisors, hefty legal fees, on and on and on.

My point being why would you put yourself through it, having watched others do it.

Why would any man cheat after seeing what happened to john wayne bobbit?

When it comes to sex, especially when it is using prostitutes or cheating, a lot of men don't think, or at the most, think they will get away with it.

No, this isn't going to be the last.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
yeah thats true and sad to say that as celebrities we are expected to be obsessed with all facets of their existance.. for me it only becomes relevant where it has affected the part of their existance that does interest me, performance on a pitch..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would any man cheat after seeing what happened to john wayne bobbit?

When it comes to sex, especially when it is using prostitutes or cheating, a lot of men don't think, or at the most, think they will get away with it.

No, this isn't going to be the last.
Yeah your right, I knew it was wishful thinking.

It's still odd, from the outside (as we all are) of that culture looking in, knowing what your letting yourself in for, and still doing it, strike me as so bizarre.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are as many football sex scandals as the press want to print. We only get to read about the ones involving England players. I dare say with all these top foreign players over here away from their WAGS at home there's plenty of "foreigner scandal".

The likes of Drogba, Fabregas, Tevez et al should count their blessings the England players are so lacking in discretion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On a slightly different subject, I don't see how Coleen can get all that high and mighty about Wayne sexual exploits, seeing as she's been having sex with a monkey.

No he won't, I believe about 3 weeks back the Sun reported that around 7/8 top flight players and a manager have got injuctions on the press about their private lives, mainly to do with sex scandals although one was relating to gambling addiction or something similar

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok then, a slightly different slant.

Will we ALWAYS be interested in reading about footballers sexual exploits?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If they keep trickling out it will be a long time before "we" (i.e. the media, and probably a lot more people than are willing to admit it) lose interest, if there was a mass release of info then we'll lose interest, it'll be another "so what?" revelation. But even then, I imagine a few years would then pass and there'd be some renewed interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here