Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will poyet be sacked in march just like adams was

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
is poyet better than slade ?well we are in the bottom four and cant win at home and gus continues with the same midfield week after week we must find a left winger and drop navarro crofts or dicker,althouh i like all three of those also his choice of subs yesterday was woefull when did hart last score why not put on holroyd or cox or carole or all 3 bloom must sort it SOON.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
the only place we'll get to by sacking managers is the conference

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
He should NOT, and will not be sacked.

End of thread.

Hmm. Interesting post & hopefully not a little bit of mischief making............??

Essentially, Poyet needs to do only two things between now & May:

1/ Win a few games at home?

2/ Keep BHA in League 1 this season.

So, if the season were to finish today then our manager would have failed miserably in 1 & also failed in 2. I doubt that he would keep his position for the campaign next season.

However, of course we have 3 months left. A lot can happen between now & then.

I for one am 100% behind Poyet to achieve both of these limited minimum requirements.

If he fails at either, then yes I cannot see how he will start the next campaign

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
hart looked like he had the beating of the defenders yesterday but wasnt on long enough to make the most of it, but there was definite glimpses of his turn of foot returning yesterday, i hope so cos he made a difference at the end of last season and without forster now, we need everyone on song. As for gus, what utter twaddle, hes had one transfer window to try and improve things, not nearly long enough to be judged.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I truly believe Slade would have been given more time if he was Bloom's man, and Bloom gave him plenty of time as it was.

Th rumour was Knight wanted Slade, Bloom wanted someone else. We got Slade, then Bloom got control. Slade convinced Bloom to give him a chance, and Bloom showed great patience with a man he wasn't 100% behind.

Poyet was Bloom's choice entirely. He will be 100% behind him, so will give him as much, and in all likelihood more, time than he gave Slade. I believe we will stay up, even if we don't Bloom will give Poyet until past Christmas (barring a hinshelwood-esque run of results).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I truly believe Slade would have been given more time if he was Bloom's man, and Bloom gave him plenty of time as it was.

Th rumour was Knight wanted Slade, Bloom wanted someone else. We got Slade, then Bloom got control. Slade convinced Bloom to give him a chance, and Bloom showed great patience with a man he wasn't 100% behind.

Poyet was Bloom's choice entirely. He will be 100% behind him, so will give him as much, and in all likelihood more, time than he gave Slade. I believe we will stay up, even if we don't Bloom will give Poyet until past Christmas (barring a hinshelwood-esque run of results).

We need some good performances to avoid a bad run of results over the games ahead. I do think we can do it though, starting with beating Huddersfield on Tuesday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
hart looked like he had the beating of the defenders yesterday

What makes you say that he did absolutley nothing and was the wrong person to put on. He is now too slow and too clumsy and I have always rated him highly but now is the time for him to leave on loan to a club that would offer him a contract for next season, probably Div 2 at the best or more likely conference.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
15 games -plenty of time?! ???

Well, no. Not 'plenty of time' I mis-spoke. But when you consider our form, the attitude of the fans, and the way other managers were falling, job security in football management in the modern game, and that he wasn't bloom's man, 15 games was quite patient.

I didn't want Slade to be fired. I thought he was getting some good football played and was suffering from lack of consistency in the availability of defenders, and the indiscipline of the players, and thought if he stuck with him things would have been turned around. But it was Bloom's decision. Just like whether to stick by Poyet is or not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last thing we need is another manager, he will stay and hopefully lead us at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here