Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey Get Fined?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
2010Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

Maybe a better picture than the Wiki page - hardly surprising the trouble was around him.

EDIT - Same pic at the same time, what are the chances :lol:

And yeah, they came across as loud on BBC Sussex

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Having met him earlier today he is actually quite a nice guy. Not sure Gerbil thinks so though (nice shoes Gerbil).

How many of you that are bad mouthing him have met him in a pub before a game? Top bloke and very passionate.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Me too. Added to the atmosphere. This stuff should be encouraged.

Most definetly not! When it was removed to by the sidelines it nearly resulted in my sister having to leave the stands as smoke is a big trigger for her asthma, she was wheezing away and took her inhaler twice but thankfully it went out before it got anymore serious.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Few pics

Attachments

• IMAG0626.jpg
    IMAG0626.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 100

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
smoke grenade is hardly in the same league as Brighton v Bmuff on TV and of course the York City game. As we are in a very large glass house its best not to throw stones
So they threw it on as a protest? :lolol:

Not sure a little flare is worth people getting their knicks in a twist over though, plus how could Portsmuth be fined for not controlling their fans? Shouldn't our stewards be the ones "controlling" them, if anyone is?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I was told that Westwood was ejected for using homophobic chants which sound about right for him.

I'm pretty sure that it was the for use of the bell, which is pretty ridiculous considering the way that it escalated afterwards. We had quite a good view of it, and the stewards had obviously decided that they'd had enough of it so they went in to remove the bell. Pompey fans around him refused to let stewards get anywhere near him, so it started to get a bit physical. Eventually they got him to the steps, but progress up was again blocked by Pompey fans who stepped in to protect their messiah. It started to get a bit nasty, punches were thrown and Westwood did go down at some point (not sure if he was hit, or tripped on the step). Stewards jackets were being pulled off, and then the Police arrived to attempt to remove him. After 5 mins of this, they eventually removed him from the stand.

And then the bell started ringing elsewhere in the crowd, where it had been passed through to. Like I say, pointless to get all this aggro about just removing a handbell. Not like it was going to get used as a weapon or anything, and it's obviously allowed into Fratton Park every match day..

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Whilst their behaviour was poor, AT TIMES I thought they created quite good volume. Not as good as Leeds, Liverpool, Wrexham but probably similar to Palarse.

I thought they outsung us on quite a few occasions today :tantrum:

I think if we'd scored when the ball was stuck in and around their 6 yard box, we might have silenced them.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I Am in for more smoke bombs think they should be handed out on entry to grounds

This, because there is nothing more enjoyable than sitting in a cloud of smoke for 90 minutes not knowing what the hell is going on. Although that might stop the abuse of players....second thoughts maybe not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here