Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well it beat sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday!!

It was a delight to see how woeful Pompey were. Their best chances didn't come till late on and they blasted the ball high into the fraction end twice from about 5 yards out :lolol: Torquay had the better of the first half and worked a goal from their only real chance of the game but gave the ball away too much in the 2nd half to make much of an impact.

Shamir Goodwin didn't do much wrong but didn't stand out either. Michael Poke was solid in goal for Torquay whilst Painter threatened at times for Pompey. The funniest moment in the game saw Pompey try to play a short corner, however it was directed right into the path of the ref, who was oblivious to it watching the action in the box. The ball deflected off him and was picked up by a Torquay player which caused Painter - the man who was supposed to receive the corner - to have a right go at the ref, who could only shrug his shoulder in apology to buggering up their training ground set piece...woops :lolol:

Was my first game at Fratton Park. For a ground that has hosted Premier League football it was a right dump! Won't bother going back unless we get them in the cup at some point in the future, because hopefully their descent into obscurity continues.

I know it's League 2 but when Painter is your deadball option you have be depressed.
That said they probably score more from corners than we do

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Time to take an optimistic look at this weekend's fixtures:

19Portsmouth29-932
20Mansfield29-932
21Bristol Rovers28-530
22Wycombe28-629
23Torquay28-1329
24Northampton27-1623
Exeter v Pompey
Mansfield v Southend
Bristol Rovers v Oxford
Wycombe v Accrington
Torquay v Bury
Northampton v Plymouth

Is it too much to ask for home wins all round?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Time to take an optimistic look at this weekend's fixtures:

19Portsmouth29-932
20Mansfield29-932
21Bristol Rovers28-530
22Wycombe28-629
23Torquay28-1329
24Northampton27-1623
Exeter v Pompey
Mansfield v Southend
Bristol Rovers v Oxford
Wycombe v Accrington
Torquay v Bury
Northampton v Plymouth

Is it too much to ask for home wins all round?
I'd like to push boundaries and ask for a home win all round, each by 3 goals, or even just at games in Devon. :thumbsup:

Utter twàts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd like to push boundaries and ask for a home win all round, each by 3 goals. :thumbsup:

Utter twàts.

Albion loanees (Ben Dickenson at Northampton and Shamir Goodwin at Torquay) to hopefully contribute a nail or two in the Pompey coffin.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd like to push boundaries and ask for a home win all round, each by 3 goals, or even just at games in Devon. :thumbsup:

Utter twàts.

I have a feeling both the Devon games will be postponed. However, there's always the nice possibility that they'll manage to get the game on in Torquay but Exeter will be too waterlogged and Pompey will have to make another trip down there on a wet Tuesday night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plucky point for the Hampshire minnows against the giants of Exeter though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just noticed that the Exeter equaliser came with virtually the last kick of the game. That's going to hurt :D

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just noticed that the Exeter equaliser came with virtually the last kick of the game. That's going to hurt :D

But what about the total cock up by the Pompey keeper **** that almost gifted Exeter a goal.

Comedy at its (near) best.

Edit: oh, I see tw-at has now been outlawed

Bozza OUT

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But what about the total cock up by the Pompey keeper **** that almost gifted Exeter a goal.

Comedy at its (near) best.

Edit: oh, I see tw-at has now been outlawed

Bozza OUT

That would have been amazing if it had gone in.

I had no idea the T word was on the banned list. Is "twunts" acceptable instead?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That would have been amazing if it had gone in.

I had no idea the T word was on the banned list. Is "twunts" acceptable instead?

Could be, but twats still shows up.

One ****
Two twats

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

This has made the result far more amusing.

It's a shame the Torquay game was postponed, ground could have been made up.

TWATS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here