Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well. It's the day of the Big Game. And I should imagine the atmosphere has been building amongst The Many in Newport for several hours now.

I only hope County players can get a good night's sleep in preparation for the match. I'm afraid I fear that the nervous anticipation of facing such a huge club in what is effectively the Biggest Game Of Their Lives, coupled with the noise made by those thousands of Loyal And Great Fans singing their uniquely proud and loyal hearts out in the streets will all be too overwhelming for the inexperienced Newport squad, resulting in a sleepless night.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I think we'd need to isolate him on his own and then add TGFITW and #twats underneath in some sort of stylish font?

What you were thinking?
epymyjy8.jpg

Stumpy Tim

Meanwhile the low life's of Northampton town will try to beat a poor Bury side, and hope Newport don't throw their game (which they probably will to ensure the GIGANTIC club survive).

I do wonder if we've missed a trick by not running official match threads

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile the low life's of Northampton town will try to beat a poor Bury side, and hope Newport don't throw their game (which they probably will to ensure the GIGANTIC club survive)

I do wonder if we've missed a trick by not running official match threads

I should think so, after all: after all, Pompey have nearly sold their allocation for the County game. It's not often Newport get to experience the excitement of an away side nearly selling their allocation.

But that's just what you'd expect from The Best Fans In The World. They really are inspirational.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But that's just what you'd expect from The Best Fans In The World. They really are inspirational.

Greatest, Edna. GREATEST.

You'll have to fork out for full page aplologies now in ALL national AND local papers for your error.
Don't forget this is overseas too to cater for all their billions of fans worldwide.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Greatest, Edna. GREATEST.

You'll have to fork out for full page aplologies now in ALL national AND local papers for your error.
Don't forget this is overseas too to cater for all their billions of fans worldwide.

Greatest and Best, surely? Can't they be both? One could be Great without necessarily being the Best so I was playing it safe. I like to use both terms liberally, as I feel it pays an appropriate level of respect to their Shining Magnificence.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Greatest and Best, surely? Can't they be both? One could be Great without necessarily being the Best so I was playing it safe. I like to use both terms liberally, as I feel it pays an appropriate level of respect to their Shining Magnificence.

Now you put it like that, it just shows what a bunch of twats they really are.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now you put it like that, it just shows what a bunch of twats they really are.

I do hope they enjoy the delights of Rodney (!) Parade today. In a 4-0 defeat sort of way, natch.

u9umedep.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just thought of something else that annoys me about those twats (Twitter just reminded me):

"And it's Portsmouth City
Portsmouth City FC
We're by far the greatest team
The world has ever seen, and it's..."

No! No it's not! You can't change the name of your shitty club simply to make it fit a song! Unless that's the name of the new, post-bankruptcy, organisation. "Portsmouth City"- what a #BunchOfTwats

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The team news is starting to come out.
This is the ACTUAL team being put out by Newport County.
Maybe they WILL let Portsmouth City win after all.

Attachments

• Newport%20County%20Home%20Feb%201972.jpg
    Newport%20County%20Home%20Feb%201972.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 593

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sky Sports reporting that if Liverpool win the league, a clause in Glen Johnsons contract, could trigger a £1m payment to Portsmouth

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That could work out well, they'll SPUNK it all on one player and won't be able to afford his wages after a few months, putting them back where they belong.*

*in administration.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That could work out well, they'll SPUNK it all on one player and won't be able to afford his wages after a few months, putting them back where they belong.*

*in administration.

Or Liverpool could just send it directly to Kanu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here