Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Palace survive?

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
3-0 v Spurs?
What happened to Tottenham today. OK they didn't look that impressive against us but I thought they were better than that.
Did Tottenham have an off day or are Palace not as bad as we hoped? :eek: :nono:

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
If Harry keeps Scumhampton going then Palarse will be one of the 3 ex premier teams we play next season.
One result does not change the fact that the team from Croydon will have a visit from the bigger club next season!!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As much as I dislike them and want them to plummet through the divisions, I think they'll survive.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm starting to worry too. It looks like it's between Palace and Southampton for who stays up. Come on the Saints!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't look like anyone is interested in Andy Johnson. And Wayne Routledge, who was tipped to leave, may stay after all. They've got a decent chance of staying up now.:(

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hate to say it but I think they'll do enough to stay up. So no trip to Selhurst next year and I am just out of therapy following our last visit.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I would almost tip them for survival if it weren't for Southampton.

They are back to how they always used to be, saving their skins at the last minute. And Harry has the team organised again. He has a lot of experience and has never been relegated yet. I think Dowie is young enough to suffer the relegation gracefully but the core of their players (minus AJ and possibly Routledge) will stay and they will likely challenge in the Championship next season.

Just saying it as I see it. I think it will be close but Saints will pull off their escape act again.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I hope Saints manage it. It will be very close though.

Attilio the Hun

Dec 14, 2004
Too close for comfort
Saints are the prob. Redknapp is a spawny git who'll put good run together at some point. But they have the toughest run-in of the four bottom clubs.

And a win for West Brom and Norwich's amazing result made yesterday's win all the more vital.

It's going to go to the wire.....

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I have thought Palace may stay up since the start of the season, based on the fact I was sure Portsmouth, with their ageing players, would not have stayed in the premiership for more than a season.

It does look like our only real hope of Palace going down rests on Southampton improving.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Portsmouth are on a terrible run at the moment though, its not inconceivable that they could find themselves down their in trouble before too long.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Maybe it is fuelled by my dislike of Pompey but I thought their bad run would begin sooner. That said the honeymoon period for the new boss and Jordan (didn’t he used to be assistant manager at Second Division Huddersfield only a few seasons ago?) seems well and truly over now.

But I think they should have enough points already added to any additional points they pick up to keep them just above relegation, that said a run inverse to the great one they had this time last season may see them get sucked into the relegation dogfight.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
samparish said:
Portsmouth are on a terrible run at the moment though, its not inconceivable that they could find themselves down their in trouble before too long.

Wouldn't that be a shame...Portscum and Phalarse in a battle for survival with the other Albion and Saints clambering to safety.

Still think Phalarse will stay up:(

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Our next game is against WBA at WBA so that is a massive game. They've got an FA cup game whereas we've got a 10 day break so hopefully that'll help us. Its going to be very tight and even if we lose to WBA their still going to be 2 points behind us. But we can definitely stay up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The question is will, not can.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boss eyed Harry is likely to keep scummers down the road up at the expense of the South London variety, well that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Sadly, I think they'll stay up - Norwich are probably a better team, but pick up too many draws, whereas Palace seem to have the ability to get three points at home semi-regularly. Hopefully as the season comes to a close, their lack of strength in depth will hurt them.

For me, it's West Brom, Norwich and one other. Hopefully Redknapp will get Southampton going enough.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
After our fantastic result v spurs it has come to light we are good enough for this division and will pull away from the bottom three soon. Dowie has got the lads fired up for the fight ahead and we will fight tooth and nail to the bitter end. Bouncebackability that is what you need. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here