Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Absolutely, certainly, definitely YES

Votes: 409 82.8%
  • NO šŸ˜­

Votes: 85 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Iā€™m surprised so many saying they think heā€™ll still go etc. if he and his agent wanted out in the Summer theyā€™d be mad to sign this deal.

My opinion, for what itā€™s worth, is that this contract until 2028 pretty much guarantees heā€™s here until Summer 2024 minimum.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Iā€™m surprised so many saying they think heā€™ll still go etc. if he and his agent wanted out in the Summer theyā€™d be mad to sign this deal.

My opinion, for what itā€™s worth, is that this contract until 2028 pretty much guarantees heā€™s here until Summer 2024 minimum.
I would guess there is a Euro qualification clause, allowing him to leave if we don't achieve European football next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would guess there is a Euro qualification clause, allowing him to leave if we don't achieve European football next season.
I imagine no chance but who knowsā€¦

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Unless thereā€™s a huge pay rise now and a promise from the club that they wonā€™t stand in his way if a buying club meet the price set.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That is brilliant news. Guarantees a hefty fee if he does goā€¦ & sends a f*** you to clubs thinking we could be bullied into a cheaper transfer
Yes. The typical Arsenals fanā€™s social media rhetoric was as follows:

1. Weā€™d have an unhappy player in the dressing room who would not perform at his top level again for us and would disrupt the dressing room.

2. Weā€™d be forced to sell him for around Ā£35m in the summer.

3. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and heā€™ll never get the chance to join a ā€˜bigā€™ club again.

What is actually going to happen is a reasonable chance of him playing for us at Wembley and when he is sold, heā€™ll go for more than Ā£70m to a club that has actually won the Champions League before!

Dick Head

ā­ā­ā­ā­ā­
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes. The typical Arsenals fanā€™s social media rhetoric was as follows:

1. Weā€™d have an unhappy player in the dressing room who would not perform at his top level again for us and would disrupt the dressing room.

2. Weā€™d be forced to sell him for around Ā£35m in the summer.

3. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and heā€™ll never get the chance to join a ā€˜bigā€™ club again.

What is actually going to happen is a reasonable chance of him playing for us at Wembley and when he is sold, heā€™ll go for more than Ā£70m to a club that has actually won the Champions League before!
Chelsea?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great newsā€¦..which I didnā€™t see coming at all

larus

Thatā€™s my take too.
Canā€™t see the logic to extend for that much time to then move 3 months later.
What happens next summer will very much depend on our on-field progress by then.
Be interesting the summer window now.If we can hold onto Mac and/or Mitoma then, with the experience being gained by the youngish squad we could have a better season next year.

Exciting times

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
In next year or two with playing regularly he can develop an awful lot more and get even better, after that can name his destination and suspect it will be Real Madrid or stay with us

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Thatā€™s my take too.
Canā€™t see the logic to extend for that much time to then move 3 months later.
What happens next summer will very much depend on our on-field progress by then.
Be interesting the summer window now.If we can hold onto Mac and/or Mitoma then, with the experience being gained by the youngish squad we could have a better season next year.

Exciting times
Ben white extended his contract mid season, before joining Arsenal.

It happens all the time and makes no difference to the likelihood of Moises staying. He was on a long contract anyway.

This just rewards him for some excellent performances and keeps him focused for the rest of this season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It happens all the time and makes no difference to the likelihood of Moises staying. He was on a long contract anyway.

This just rewards him for some excellent performances and keeps him focused for the rest of this season.
White didn't extend his contract 4+1 years

larus

White hadnā€™t tried to ā€œforceā€ a move in the winter transfer window.
By signing a new contract now, he is signalling his intent to stay for a reasonable period. Just my opinion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here