Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's unlikely now. I think both Webster and White have chances but probably need moves to achieve it....

Southgate is poor, blinkered and very likely to be unemployed by August. We have a lot of very good players with some gaps in the squad but we should go close to winning the Euros but I don't think we will with this manager. If there is a better attack with better options in europe I haven't seen it.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Personally, his Palace link doesnt make any difference as he would otherwise looked at Wan-Bissaka at Manure for RB after he made the decision to drop TAA. I havent seen Dunk play week in week out, but I agree because he doesnt play for a fashionable team will definitely limit his chances whoever is in charge. Maguire is over rated, and Dier, but at least Stones has shown a return to form.
If I supported BHA I would be happy he's not picked, less chance of picking up an injury that ruled him out of the run in

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Personally, his Palace link doesnt make any difference as he would otherwise looked at Wan-Bissaka at Manure for RB after he made the decision to drop TAA. I havent seen Dunk play week in week out, but I agree because he doesnt play for a fashionable team will definitely limit his chances whoever is in charge. Maguire is over rated, and Dier, but at least Stones has shown a return to form.
If I supported BHA I would be happy he's not picked, less chance of picking up an injury that ruled him out of the run in

Quite and the fact he played more games at both Aston villa and Middlesbrough...We must always remember football players play football for clubs that pay them the most money, they very rarely have anymore allegiance than that, and most would not really give a stuff about rivalries after they leave the said club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Southgate is poor, blinkered and very likely to be unemployed by August. We have a lot of very good players with some gaps in the squad but we should go close to winning the Euros but I don't think we will with this manager. If there is a better attack with better options in europe I haven't seen it.

This, his instance on starting Kane in the semi final was just pig headed... and ultimately cost us

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

giphy.gif

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There are a lot of good English centre halves out there and only two, maximum three spaces in the side. I’m not even convinced he’s next in line at the club, given we have Webster and White.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There are a lot of good English centre halves out there and only two, maximum three spaces in the side. I’m not even convinced he’s next in line at the club, given we have Webster and White.

Definitely. That Eric Dier and Mings are terrific Center halves.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The problem with Southgate is that he inevitably plays 2 defensive midfielders because the defence always looks shaky at best.

Pick your best players, who are playing regularly, and in form. I’d go further and say the likes of Stones & Walker get found at out international level as they play for teams that don’t have to defend much, so defending does come as a bit of a shock to them. TAA has probably been found out a bit this season as he’s had to defend a lot more and it’s not his strong point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem with Southgate is that he inevitably plays 2 defensive midfielders because the defence always looks shaky at best.

Pick your best players, who are playing regularly, and in form. I’d go further and say the likes of Stones & Walker get found at out international level as they play for teams that don’t have to defend much, so defending does come as a bit of a shock to them. TAA has probably been found out a bit this season as he’s had to defend a lot more and it’s not his strong point.

Our RB’s have completely contrasting attributes.

TAA has always been a poor one on one defender, long before this season, but his creativity is world class.

Wan-BIssaka is apparently never beaten by a winger, apart from Solly March, but he’s awful at creative play, Manure fans whinge that holds them back as a team.

Reece-James seems to have it all, but his game collapsed under Lampard this season.

Walker also seems to have it all, but his red mist could cost England.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Our RB’s have completely contrasting attributes.

TAA has always been a poor one on one defender, long before this season, but his creativity is world class.

Wan-BIssaka is apparently never beaten by a winger, apart from Solly March, but he’s awful at creative play, Manure fans whinge that holds them back as a team.

Reece-James seems to have it all, but his game collapsed under Lampard this season.

Walker also seems to have it all, but his red mist could cost England.

In regards to Walker, by red mist do you mean his inability to understand social distancing, and not throwing slapper parties whilst the (most of)rest of the country abide by basic lockdown rules

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
His faith in Maguire is baffling. He's a very ordinary player.. A bit like bang average Pogba - I think people are inflenced by the ridiculous transfer price.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’ve heard some urban myth that he got done a few times by Marcus Rashford or someone in a couple of training exercises, and that was allegedly his England career over.

Whether there’s any truth in that, I don’t know.

But Tyrone Mings playing like a donkey week in week out in the actual it’s-for-real-not-a-training-kickabout PL apparently doesn’t matter one jolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’ve heard some urban myth that he got done a few times by Marcus Rashford or someone in a couple of training exercises, and that was allegedly his England career over.

Whether there’s any truth in that, I don’t know.

But Tyrone Mings playing like a donkey week in week out in the actual it’s-for-real-not-a-training-kickabout PL apparently doesn’t matter one jolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The England Twitter account actually posted footage of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here