Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Scan albion v liverpool.jpg

Few of us went...memories to treasure ....Daily Mirror 21/02/1983

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Great stuff - what a player Jimmy Case was and what a gent Bob Paisley was.

For what it's worth, I don't much care if we win or lose vs Liverpool next week as long as we play well and enjoy it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every time the adverts come on it's 'Who Killed the F*ing Zutons', I'm not buying it on principle.

It's one of the top days of my life! We were bottom, they were top and Champions of Europe. We sang "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand, coz you'll never work again". I had to be lifted by my grandad over the fence into the Liverpool seats as our little corner terrace was so packed you couldn't move.
Phil Neal missing a kop end pen near the end too...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's one of the top days of my life! We were bottom, they were top and Champions of Europe. We sang "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand, coz you'll never work again". I had to be lifted by my grandad over the fence into the Liverpool seats as our little corner terrace was so packed you couldn't move.
It's the magic of the cup! A chance for a sniff of glory; a few wins and who knows what will happen? It amazes that me that people put a league game, any league game, above a big cup one, but I know I'm in a tiny minority on this.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Ha brilliant, I hope this gets going on Wednesday night :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i was there and the for the league game previous year

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the magic of the cup! A chance for a sniff of glory; a few wins and who knows what will happen? It amazes that me that people put a league game, any league game, above a big cup one, but I know I'm in a tiny minority on this.
Because we're 125-1 to win the cup - ie, it's not going to happen, so even if we beat Liverpool it will just be a good day, but mean nothing in the end. Whereas we're 3-1 to get promoted, so a real possibility. Given the choice of one win and one loss against liverpool and palace, I know which I'd rather win. We beat Man City in the cup a few years back, a great day, but honestly - so what. We want to fight for promotion.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
It was one of my favourites too! I've never been so squashed in an away end. When phil Neal missed his penalty - the whole terrace had to jump in unison because there was no room to jump individually!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ha brilliant, I hope this gets going on Wednesday night :lolol:

Are you KIDDING me? :ohmy:

You do realise this is their equivalent of "Does your boyfriend know you're here?". Inevitably there will be a few chimps who think it's STILL hilarious to get it started, approximately thirty YEARS after it was first sung (and at every game since no doubt) but it would be nice-if fanciful- to think we could actually come up with something less tediously unoriginal for the occasion.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That was the most memorable game I've ever been to. Jimmy's winning goal & Neal's penalty miss will stay with me forever.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Are you KIDDING me? :ohmy:

You do realise this is their equivalent of "Does your boyfriend know you're here?". Inevitably there will be a few chimps who think it's STILL hilarious to get it started, approximately thirty YEARS after it was first sung (and at every game since no doubt) but it would be nice-if fanciful- to think we could actually come up with something less tediously unoriginal for the occasion.

Why would I be kidding you? I'm a 32 year old Brighton fan living in Brighton. How would I know this is sung at Liverpool if in my adult life we have never played them? I go to Brighton games, not Liverpool games. Great comment though, yeah...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here