Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will it be a new record attendance at the Amex against Watford?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Mrs Earle and I have S/Ts and a Parking Ticket for Watford, but are still thrashing around whether we are comfortable in a large crowd.

Not sure why you’d be worried given the covid checks required to get in. Plus you’re sat outside which is low risk and are avoiding public transport.

Get yourself down there!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
"Massively down", "big reduction".... are you comparing August 2019 to August 2021?

And "5000 below capacity", but how far below typical/expected crowd? Few clubs would expect to sell-out their first match of the season.

There was a bit of chat about the low Burnley attendance on one of their message boards. Their crowd was just under 17K but it looked much lower than that, possibly 13K. They normally average 20K a game in the PL. I think they are a bit of an outlier to be fair as not only were their numbers down for the similar reasons shared about how this Saturday might pan out for us but Burnley have not bought anyone, the style of play is not entertaining, there’s no excitement for them at the moment and of course they were playing Brighton. We are hardly a big draw up in’t north.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
And how exactly do you plan to show why fans aren't present?! Gonna go around surveying empty seats?! :lolol:

Why don’t you leave your desk at the Amex marketing department and have a look for us plebs on Saturday?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Had a nice trip to Burnley with no aggravation at all. And the real feeling Burnley were happy to have us buying tickets from them.

This week although we're at home, it's live on Sky, the faff to get organised to go, the parking problems, all the checks and double checks, and the feeling that the club are really overdoing the bureaucracy make it easy to give it a miss. And not because it's "only Watford". In many ways watching us play a similarly ranked team is more enjoyable than the worry of playing a "big six" mob who'll probably give us a spanking.

Oh - and I can't take my flask.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't look like this is going to be even close to the exchange opening which is a shame.

Currently still nearly 1,000 seats left. But they are mostly poor seats. Albeit most of blocks W1A and E1H are available. I get the club want to maximise income by selling these seats first but I suspect some would go if they could get the better seats likely to be available through the exchange than those currently available.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
- People who are isolating

And of course the main one:

- people who can’t go who would usually just give their ticket to a mate but can’t due to silly club rules nobody else has and can’t because they don’t wanna pay £45 extra between them and a mate to use an already bought ticket.

Some will be shocked at the amount of empty seats this season due to the last point I predict.

This will be even more obvious for midweek games. Three of my group travel down from London for games and have always struggled to get away from work and / or find the late return home an issue. Of the others, we have people who, in normal times, work away from the area during the week, have work or family commitments. Often these are late decisions.

In the past, their tickets have been used by the rest of us for a variety of family members, friends and work colleagues (some of the opposition fans) to give them a chance to see a game. Very rarely does money change hands as everyone has benefited at one time or another.

These people are unlikely to pay for a Plus membership so those seats will be empty for a lot of the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lots of replies on this thread and i get it but
does anybody on NSC really not have a friend or work colleague or in laws who if offered one or more Premier League tickets for £25 over a season think thats actually really cheap - yes please! where do i sign up ? .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here