Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will I ever get a ticket for the Amex ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, I share your concern. An ex-season ticket holder, I have been in the USA for 8 years, but have always been to home and away games when I have been back in the country (usually at Christmastime). I agree that the loyalty scheme announced today seems like the fairest way to allocate tickets (depending of course on the details). However, it may make it virtually impossible for me to get tickets in the future (after all, the Boxing Day game, whether home or away, is usually one of the most popular matches of the season). As I can only get to 1 or 2 games a season, there will be thousands of people more "loyal" than me.

I don't blame the club - it is just an unfortunate side-effect (for me) of the club now being massively more attractive to follow than a few years ago. It is difficult to contemplate that having supported Albion through the leanest years, I might not now get the chance to participate in our success (and I DO want us to be successful). Maybe the club can make a few tickets available for fans visiting from abroad.

But how do you know any of this - no details at all have been announced?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I see your point, GOM, and hope that the club implement a ticket exchange (like the one at Arsenal) for times where the stadium is sold out but where season ticket holders don't intend to use their seat for that match.

It should be club run, allow purchasing of these tickets and include loyalty points. It may be fairly expensive for very little revenue from the club's point of view, but could be a vital avenue to preventing this closed shop problem that you and Bozza are alluding to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone know if Hull or Reading ever had a big problem with a sold out ground week in week out? Probably the best yardstick and apart from the 1st few games I can't see us being sold out regularly EXCEPT if Gus has us top of the Championship and then you won't be able to get a ticket for love or money..imo

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone know if Hull or Reading ever had a big problem with a sold out ground week in week out? Probably the best yardstick and apart from the 1st few games I can't see us being sold out regularly EXCEPT if Gus has us top of the Championship and then you won't be able to get a ticket for love or money..imo
Reading only started selling out once they were running away with the championship title. They started that promotion season under Coppell on gates of around 15-16,000 which is 8-9,000 under capactiy at the wiggydome.

We will be starting the season with at least 20,000 already accounted for, out of a total of 22,500.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've booked off the first 2 weeks in August thinking I might be lucky in getting one of the few tickets that go sale to non season ticket holders for the 1st home game. With the new loyalty scheme in place if I am unsuccessful I'll then be on zero points making it harder to get tickets for subsequent games.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But how do you know any of this - no details at all have been announced?

I don't understand your comment Bozza. The club have announced that supporters buying tickets for home and away games will earn loyalty points; then priority for important games (where demand outweighs the available allocation) will be based upon points earned. I know for a fact I will only be able to - potentially - attend 1 or 2 games each season = way down the pecking order.

Are you suggesting the club may be considering awarding points for living in Arizona or making a 10,000 mile round trip to see a game?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't understand your comment Bozza. The club have announced that supporters buying tickets for home and away games will earn loyalty points; then priority for important games (where demand outweighs the available allocation) will be based upon points earned. I know for a fact I will only be able to - potentially - attend 1 or 2 games each season = way down the pecking order.

Are you suggesting the club may be considering awarding points for living in Arizona or making a 10,000 mile round trip to see a game?!

No, I'm suggesting that the club have not indicated what games points will be used for. Aways are a given, but homes - who knows.

And on your second point I'm aware that the Albion, like many clubs, have always been sympathetic to those who contact them regarding a long trip from overseas, and a note well ahead of time is likely to see you sorted out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We could have a new song for next season "And you'll never get a seat , you'll never get a seat , f*** off , f*** off" :laugh:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yep, I share your concern. An ex-season ticket holder, I have been in the USA for 8 years, but have always been to home and away games when I have been back in the country (usually at Christmastime). I agree that the loyalty scheme announced today seems like the fairest way to allocate tickets (depending of course on the details). However, it may make it virtually impossible for me to get tickets in the future (after all, the Boxing Day game, whether home or away, is usually one of the most popular matches of the season). As I can only get to 1 or 2 games a season, there will be thousands of people more "loyal" than me.

I don't blame the club - it is just an unfortunate side-effect (for me) of the club now being massively more attractive to follow than a few years ago. It is difficult to contemplate that having supported Albion through the leanest years, I might not now get the chance to participate in our success (and I DO want us to be successful). Maybe the club can make a few tickets available for fans visiting from abroad.

You could do what it would appear alot of other people have done: Guarantee yourself a seat by buying a season ticket that you only to intend to use occasionally.

At the cost of just a quid or so a day it was something I seriously considered, even though I'd only go to about 3 or 4 games a year.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And on your second point I'm aware that the Albion, like many clubs, have always been sympathetic to those who contact them regarding a long trip from overseas, and a note well ahead of time is likely to see you sorted out.

Well, that's encouraging. I did in fact e-mail the club in January suggesting that they give some thought to making a few tickets for the first league game available to overseas fans. I will be flying over in August anyway, ticket or not; but it would be nice to actually experience the inside of the stadium :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You could do what it would appear alot of other people have done: Guarantee yourself a seat by buying a season ticket that you only to intend to use occasionally.

Yep, that's a possibility. But I don't think we yet know if there will be a formal ST ticket exchange system, do we? So I could be virtually guaranteeing an empty seat for 20 games a season.

Maybe there's an NSC'er season-ticket holder who always goes abroad for Christmas. Send me a PM, this could be a match made in heaven!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
One of the prob's with so many STH's is when they decide not to go, if they aren't bothered you could be looking at a half empty stadium (not nice at all) plus the nonsense of people wanting to see that very same game but can't get a ticket. I've been exiled the past 10 years so not up with current ways of doing things ... hoping there's a way round that ... maybe tell the club and they sell your seat on the day??
The chances are zero of having a half empty stadium regardless of who we play in the league:D

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I've booked off the first 2 weeks in August thinking I might be lucky in getting one of the few tickets that go sale to non season ticket holders for the 1st home game. With the new loyalty scheme in place if I am unsuccessful I'll then be on zero points making it harder to get tickets for subsequent games.

Precisely the point.

:amex::ascarf:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Everything is on a roll at the moment. The club has funds, the stadium is doing well and the team are together and achieving marvellous results. When next season starts 20,000 will have to get into and out of the AMEX. That will make it very much a day out. Then of course there is the football. If the team is doing well of course the crowds will flock but if not or if only average the support will fall away after a short while.

I was about when we reached the first division and everything was dandy. The first game.. Brighton 0 4 Arsenal and a reality check. I got there two hours before kick off for that game. I did not have to for many more after that !!

Support and opinion is very fickle these days. Not so long ago Nick Clegg was 'superman' and should be running the country. Now ?

Spectators love to be associated with winners but soon lose interest with defeats. It will all depend on Gus and the team. Keep winning and the stadium will not be big enough. Lose a few and there will be more confort for the supporters (the spectators having moved on)

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I see your point, GOM, and hope that the club implement a ticket exchange (like the one at Arsenal) for times where the stadium is sold out but where season ticket holders don't intend to use their seat for that match.

It should be club run, allow purchasing of these tickets and include loyalty points. It may be fairly expensive for very little revenue from the club's point of view, but could be a vital avenue to preventing this closed shop problem that you and Bozza are alluding to.

Yes, I miss at least 5 saturdays for choir and probably some in late august too.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think, apart from the 1st game or two, there will be tickets available. Remember, most of the regular fans will already have their tickets.

Wasn't an idea mooted of NSC having a season ticket or 2 which could be available for overseas/long distance fans to use?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here