Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will I ever get a ticket for the Amex ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Firstly, have to say the clubs proposed loyalty scheme should be the fairest and most common sense approach to ticketing in the future and I fully agree with it.

However it could create a problem for me and many like me, namely us exiles.
I don't really see it being a problem for away games, which I think it's primarily aimed at, however home games could present a problem.

Now with possibly only approx 1500 tickets available for paying, (i.e. non STH) per home match, and us exiles probably not notching up too many loyalty points, will we ever have sufficient to be high enough in the pecking order to buy a home ticket ?
Will my son and I ever get to see our picture on the fans mosaic ?
I do hope so, as after all this time it would be awful to never get to enter our wonderful new home and watch us play.

Possibility this could happen, or am I being way too pessimistic ?

:amex::ascarf:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think you are being too pessimistic. You will still be getting points for the away games you attend, so the only people well ahead of you will be season ticket holders. The season ticket holders will not need home tickets as they have them already. Plus where there is a will there is a way, if you really want to go to a league game you will be able to get a ticket as long as you are organised and get them as soon as they go on sale. It is only the big home games where you will have a problem.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm afraid for us not ST holders, the days of waking up on a Sat and thinking "I fancy going to the footie today" have long gone. I had thought initally this would be possible once again when we have a shiney new stadium, but alas no. Fortunately I have a friend who has STs, so I think that's the only way I'll get to a game is when one of those are free.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It may be tricky at the start. I am in a similar position (although a family friend does have a box so I may be able to sneak in with a prawn sandwich occassionally) living too far away to be able to afford a season ticket along with the cost of travel to every game. I think the first few games are going to be impossible to get a ticket to but after that it will loosen up me thinks.

Don't worry, be happy :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Firstly, have to say the clubs proposed loyalty scheme should be the fairest and most common sense approach to ticketing in the future and I fully agree with it.

However it could create a problem for me and many like me, namely us exiles.
I don't really see it being a problem for away games, which I think it's primarily aimed at, however home games could present a problem.

Now with possibly only approx 1500 tickets available for paying, (i.e. non STH) per home match, and us exiles probably not notching up too many loyalty points, will we ever have sufficient to be high enough in the pecking order to buy a home ticket ?
Will my son and I ever get to see our picture on the fans mosaic ?
I do hope so, as after all this time it would be awful to never get to enter our wonderful new home and watch us play.

Possibility this could happen, or am I being way too pessimistic ?

:amex::ascarf:

I have to have a chat, regarding this very subject, with you tomorrow.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One of the prob's with so many STH's is when they decide not to go, if they aren't bothered you could be looking at a half empty stadium (not nice at all) plus the nonsense of people wanting to see that very same game but can't get a ticket. I've been exiled the past 10 years so not up with current ways of doing things ... hoping there's a way round that ... maybe tell the club and they sell your seat on the day??

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
It may be tricky at the start. I am in a similar position (although a family friend does have a box so I may be able to sneak in with a prawn sandwich occassionally) living too far away to be able to afford a season ticket along with the cost of travel to every game. I think the first few games are going to be impossible to get a ticket to but after that it will loosen up me thinks.

The concern is not with availability of tickets, but whether exiles will ever have a high enough priority/loyalty points to get one.

I have to have a chat, regarding this very subject, with you tomorrow.

I look forward to that ! See you there

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

ditto but no access to prawn sarnies :)

not worried about away games though - I will probably miss the ones I miss now and see the ones I go to now. Geographically matches in the south west, midlands and north west are less attractive to the average home-based fan so all should carry on as usual.

Next season Bristol, Swansea, Cardiff, Notts Forest, Leeds, Burnley. Leicester, Reading (maybe a struggle but there's always the home end) Barnsley, Doncaster, Derby, Coventry,and possibly Wigan, West Brom and Wolves. 15 matches and only one that might be difficult to get the tickets I want :)

brightonarmybarmy

Mar 17, 2011
Its certinaly something i personally feel should have happened a long time ago, especially for away games. We have an amazing away following, and lots of those away fans are not season ticket holders. So hopefully there continued away support next year will help them build up those points and get priority when we have the 'BIG' games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The concern is not with availability of tickets, but whether exiles will ever have a high enough priority/loyalty points to get one.

But that goes hand in hand. When there are plenty of tickets available, your priority level won't matter.

The priority scheme is only going to be enacted for games that are predicted to be big sellers. It isn't going to be used for every game.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Er, have I missed something? The priority points are for away matches are they not? Home matches will therefore be first come first served as usual, won't they?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Er, have I missed something? The priority points are for away matches are they not? Home matches will therefore be first come first served as usual, won't they?

I reckon not, which does seem right...

"Loyalty points will be awarded when a supporter purchases a ticket for a home or away league or cup match and quotes their fan number "

...as otherwise someone who has never been to a game stands an equal chance of getting a ticket for a big match as someone who has been to every match, but buys game by game.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I reckon not, which does seem right...

"Loyalty points will be awarded when a supporter purchases a ticket for a home or away league or cup match and quotes their fan number "

...as otherwise someone who has never been to a game stands an equal chance of getting a ticket for a big match as someone who has been to every match, but buys game by game.

Yes, they'll be awarded for home matches, as that gives someone who goes to every home match without a Season Ticket to have as many points as a STH. But it doesn't mean they can be used to purchase home tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, they'll be awarded for home matches, as that gives someone who goes to every home match without a Season Ticket to have as many points as a STH. But it doesn't mean they can be used to purchase home tickets.

We're all in the dark until the club reveals the nitty gritty, but I know if I was going to bother implementing a scheme like this, I would try to make sure that those who regularly buy tickets have more chance than those who buy them infrequently who have more chance than those who have never bought one.

It's difficult to get right though, because you also don't want to deploy a system that can very quickly become a closed shop that it is impossible for newcomers to break into.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
But that goes hand in hand. When there are plenty of tickets available, your priority level won't matter.
The priority scheme is only going to be enacted for games that are predicted to be big sellers. It isn't going to be used for every game

This is the point, if it is enacted for home games there could be very little availability and those with relatively few points may never have enough to get a ticket.

Home games will be big sellers, maybe only c1500 tickets available

If that is the case fine, but if not, and we don't know yet, then exiles may never get to the Amex.
If I don't get to say the first 2 home and away matches, then there are going to be loads of people with more points than me.

As I said in the OP, I agree with a loyalty scheme and not concerned about away matches as there will be plenty of capacity in most instances, however I have a concern regarding home matches for exiles, or by any other name, fans who don't get to many matches thru circumstance.

After all these years I would like to go to the Amex to watch a game, even if I can't get to the first game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yep, I share your concern. An ex-season ticket holder, I have been in the USA for 8 years, but have always been to home and away games when I have been back in the country (usually at Christmastime). I agree that the loyalty scheme announced today seems like the fairest way to allocate tickets (depending of course on the details). However, it may make it virtually impossible for me to get tickets in the future (after all, the Boxing Day game, whether home or away, is usually one of the most popular matches of the season). As I can only get to 1 or 2 games a season, there will be thousands of people more "loyal" than me.

I don't blame the club - it is just an unfortunate side-effect (for me) of the club now being massively more attractive to follow than a few years ago. It is difficult to contemplate that having supported Albion through the leanest years, I might not now get the chance to participate in our success (and I DO want us to be successful). Maybe the club can make a few tickets available for fans visiting from abroad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wow I'm glad someone else was thinking along the same lines as me as reading the whole thread I was getting worried. I read it as big away games too and nothnig to do with home except you get points for buying a home ticket. I also assume ST holders will get the same points for every home match...

Also is this a rolling thing forever or is the points scheme per season - can points me carried over to the next season basically?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Football has changed, the days of waking up on a Saturday and deciding to go are long gone. We have just joined what the majority of Premiership and Championship do or would people prefer us still to be in League 2 at Withdean in front of 5k crowds and playing away at Accrington and Morecambe ?

This thread is NOTHING to do with waking up and deciding to go to a game, please have the courtesy to read the thread before replying to a completely different question.

This thread is about whether the loyalty scheme will have enough flexibility to allow non-frequent attendees at BHA games to be able to get a home ticket even if booking well in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here