Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Alan Knill wants him at Scunny so local rag reports,he worked with him at Rotherham.

Hmm, League One or Championship ? Scunthorpe or Brighton ? Somehow I think Knill has not much chance.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
he wasn't great at championship level before was he? not sure he's up to it.........brilliant at league 1 level, that's without a doubt
Jumped up several levels at a young age though, and not everyone that doesn't make it first time never will. Grant Holt for example.
I'd be happy with Hoskins, but not as a replacement for Murray, he's not the right type of player for that.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Hoskins was fantastic, at the Memorial Ground against us. Can he add something different to us next season. I'm not entirely convinced, if you look at where he has been places like Watford and Ipswich, his record was nothing special and was sent out on loan to Bristol Rovers. Who eventually signed him this summer I think it was, so I think there are better strikers out there instead of Hoskins. IMO.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't think anyone on here can say for sure whether we will add something new and different to what we have already got unless they have seen him more than once.

Most of Gus' signings have been spot on, so I will trust his judgement!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
not everyone that doesn't make it first time never will. Grant Holt for example.

This is spot on, I for one never imagined Holt would do anything of note this season and he's late 20s. He's been more or less useless whenever he's played at Championship level previously, doesn't look like he has any pace and give every impression of being a classic lower league journeyman. Yet somehow everything's fallen into place for him and he's obviously worked out what his strengths are and how to use them.

Hoskins ran our defence ragged at the Memorial Ground: no point in comparing him to Barnes or even Murray because he's a totally different sort of player. He's more direct than Barnes, and likes to run at people. Good in one on ones, quite tricksy, and willing to have a go from anywhere.

I reckon he'd be worth a shot- after all, he has a point to prove at Championship level and that must be a great motivating factor. I do think a million quid is over the odds, but I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of us signing him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was exceptional at Rovers away.

Gus has money to spend, it's up to him where he thinks priorities lie.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but bear in mind none of our current strikers have played at that level the same may be true of them, anyway Gus wanted him earlier this season so he must have been impressed. I trust in Gus.

Barnes played for Plymouth in The Championship, but not very often granted, but he would have been very young then. Most of Gus's signings have been spot on except strikers. Wood has been ok but the same cant be said of Holroyd and Sandaza who havent exactly set the division alight but then again they didnt cost nearly £1m .

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Barnes played for Plymouth in The Championship, but not very often granted, but he would have been very young then. Most of Gus's signings have been spot on except strikers. Wood has been ok but the same cant be said of Holroyd and Sandaza who havent exactly set the division alight but then again they didnt cost nearly £1m .

In fairness to Holroyd and Sandoza neither has had much opportunity although I agree neither are Championship strikers. Getting strikers has been something that is a bit hit and miss, Dave Cameron, Mark Farrington, I could go on but you know the score.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Given that a fee was agreed a month ago I suspect it's still very much on and relegation will make no difference to the price.

He'll be a class addition if it happens and fit right into our system too.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think he'd be very solid in Champ but unspectacular. Let's face it we're not going to get some Prem standard striker for sane wages are we having just come up. I'd be very happy with Hoskins and Murray or Hoskins and a star and either way have Barnes backing up. 8/10 for the buy and can't realistically ask for much more than that can we, just dream.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he has obviously got potential - he has just never realised it really until this season. at 17 he was coming off the bench for rotherham and scoring two last minute goals at places like wigan, did really well before the move to watford (which arguably was the main reason rotherham got relegated as their second half of 06/07 was dire) but never really got the chance there

he would definitely not be a like-for-like replacement for murray. from having seen him several times when he was playing for t'millers, he works very well off a target man, chasing balls down and working off flick ons. while barnes scoring record this season has been very impressive, with the amount of chances he has also missed i reckon hoskins in this albion team this season could have easily scored 25 plus. whether that is going to mean he is good enough for the championship, especially as a replacement who plays more in the style of murray will be a much bigger concern should he walk, will obviously be up to gus to decide, but so far his record in the transfer market has been pretty good

the two of them upfront together though would be very exciting

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I`m better than Wood and i`m shit

ure right wood is shit sorry wood but fcuk off back to the premiership

Today highlighted how crap wood is G H should have played the full 90 minutes

Ask him if he can take Wood with Him

Today i think we can only draw ,Wood has more chance of getting blessed by the pope than scoring a goal

You are an idiot. I can't think of another on-loan striker that has scored as many as Wood. He's really young, has played in the world cup and is on the books of a Premiership club. What's more Gus seems to rate him and has started him over 20 times this season. Now change the record, the facts speak for themselves. :wanker:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You are an idiot. I can't think of another on-loan striker that has scored as many as Wood. He's really young, has played in the world cup and is on the books of a Premiership club. What's more Gus seems to rate him and has started him over 20 times this season. Now change the record, the facts speak for themselves. :wanker:

the gary hart one is definitely my favourite of what is, frankly, a set of fantastic quotes

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think Hoskins has got the attributes to make the step up. Though I have to agree with some previous posts, he would need to be deployed with another striker in the Murray mould. Yes, he's been to the championship before and didn't set the league on fire but he's now gained experience and I fully believe he could be good value for goals nect season.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

That's because they haven't. If I'm right, which I think I am, Wood holds the record for most goals scored whilst on loan from another club. Hardly shit really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here