Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Gus make any loan signings by Thursday's deadline?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
NO.... itll take time to bed a loan player and he may be potentially disruptive... unless Fran has fitness problems Id stick with what we have.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
To be fair, Sandaza hasn't really had the chance to prove what he can do over 90 minutes.

There's probably a reason for that, I'm sure if Gus felt he was good enough to be starting games then he would'nt have found himself spending so much time sitting on the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like to bring in an experienced goal scorer, who is probably nearing retirement age who could do a job for 2 months as we did with Martin Chivers some years ago. The person I thought of on checking has gone to Fulham on loan Eidur Godjohnson (sp) people will go on about wages but for 2 months whatever the wage is it would be an investment to ensure promotion, if we had to pay 20k a week of the wages it would be 150 - 200k well spent.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I would like to bring in an experienced goal scorer, who is probably nearing retirement age who could do a job for 2 months as we did with Martin Chivers some years ago. The person I thought of on checking has gone to Fulham on loan Eidur Godjohnson (sp) people will go on about wages but for 2 months whatever the wage is it would be an investment to ensure promotion, if we had to pay 20k a week of the wages it would be 150 - 200k well spent.

Thats actually not a bad idea but Eidur wont come as he is regularly on the bench. There is also the danger of the Savage factor...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No need. Even playing at our worst we'll get promoted. 10 draws will even win us the title as the others have difficult games.
I'm so over confident now.
Bring on the title winner against the Soton.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Hope so, could really do with some more cover should we be without Barnes for any length of time and possibly someone who can play anywhere across the back line. I do think that it should only be someone who Gus is keen on for next year though, so probably difficult to get them at this stage of the season.

au contraire ! think this is an ideal time to get a decent loanee or two, for arguments sake , been on the fringe of first team football, Prem/Champ, point to prove etc ......perhaps with a view to signing permanently..........also the continental market.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
No need. Even playing at our worst we'll get promoted. 10 draws will even win us the title as the others have difficult games.
I'm so over confident now.
Bring on the title winner against the Soton.

Thought our negativity had gone ie 'let's just do enough to get promoted' rubbish sentiment and dangerous, more to the point !

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Can't see Gus bringing anyone in if it's not done today because I think the loan window shuts at 12pm tomorrow.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
With Barnes injured and Woods away we are short. What happens if Murray gets injured or sent off in the run in? We shouldn't take that chance so be prudent to get someone in.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I can only see Gus bringing in someone who he may want to keep for next season. Whilst I agree with the view that Sandaza is best suited for the latter stages of a game he seems keen to prove otherwise, so maybe starting him saturday would not be such a terrible idea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As somebody suggested Rhys Murphy from Arsenal why ? He is coming back from injury and is not a prolific goalscorer so all we would do by signing him is help Arsenal out.

As I mentioned earlier if it happens I would hope that it would bea very experienced player nearing retirement who could do a job for 2 months.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
As somebody suggested Rhys Murphy from Arsenal why ? He is coming back from injury and is not a prolific goalscorer so all we would do by signing him is help Arsenal out.

As I mentioned earlier if it happens I would hope that it would bea very experienced player nearing retirement who could do a job for 2 months.

Thought that was the idea of loans, help players find form, give them game time ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here