Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Gus ask for Extension??

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
He will sit back and make it run and run if he can. But he's a fool to mess with the Lizard.

Unfortunately, despite his clearly world class poker skills, TB is somewhat hamstrung by employment law. Rather dictates what he can and can't do. Cant go into a meeting bluffing and hoping your nutty South American manager will bottle it!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Sackings usually happen on Fridays too, so I expect a dismissal AND replacement to be announced the same day. Would have thought that failing to attend 2 club disciplinary meetings would count as gross misconduct, meaning the club would sack Gus with no compensation - though it will of course end up in courts, but is that something we could deal with whilst our season goes on under a new boss ?

To have this going on after players return from their hoilidays or even delaying pre-season would be very bad for the club !!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Gus is gone. The club is just doing all it can to minimise the payout. And that means following employment legislation - which takes time. But Gus won't get a second longer than he is legally allowed.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Sackings usually happen on Fridays too, so I expect a dismissal AND replacement to be announced the same day. Would have thought that failing to attend 2 club disciplinary meetings would count as gross misconduct, meaning the club would sack Gus with no compensation - though it will of course end up in courts, but is that something we could deal with whilst our season goes on under a new boss ?

To have this going on after players return from their hoilidays or even delaying pre-season would be very bad for the club !!
I hope your right....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As long as we offer him use of the swivel chair, the automatic bottle opener and the secret ratatouille recipe I don't see a problem done and dusted by 5.

Don't forget the coffee maker. I am sure that is a key element.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'd imagine there will be a degree of negotiation.

Not sure about an extension. I imagine the club will start from a position of a gazebo. Gus may hold out for a patio, the club bargaining him down to a large shed.

Oh very good :)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Spare a thought for Oscar Garcia waiting for a outcome before his appointment. This must be affecting his pre season plans.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'm preparing myself tomorrow for announcement that Gus and his advisors have asked for meeting to be deferred based on the volume of paper they need to review. My mind might be playing tricks now, but somewhere didn't I read the INITIAL report contained appendices running to 500 pages??:shit::shit:

Lets hope it doesn't the players are due back to start pre season beastings in just over a weeks time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here