Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Glenn Murray still be a Brighton player for the first game at the Amex?

Murray in the blue & white stripes at the Amex?

• Yes

Votes: 59 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Personally, and regretfully I think no.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think he will, always look on the bright side of life, however will he cut it if we are in the Championship ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Deffo no.

In the middle of contract talks and Gus drops him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes he would cut it.Look at Parkin, Slow but very powerful and good in the air.Murray has a good brain.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sheff Utd will sign him i reckon because of Adams.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I sadly think he will go, at his best he is the most all round striker in this division.

Superb in the air, good first touch, holds the ball up well, brings players around him into the game, can cross the ball if he has to too and helps out in defence on set pieces.

He is shy, a bit withdrawn, and I think if the club made him a decent offer he would sign, but for whatever reason I don't think that offer will come. It may be a personality issue, but my understanding is that the club rather than Glenn are dragging their heels at present.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought he wasn't a great fan of Adams?

Murray is onto a good thing here and he finally looks happy. God, I hate the transfer window.

Regrettably, I think we are not going to hold onto him. If we are going to lose him, I would rather we lost him on a free at the end of the season - a proviso being that he helps us gain promotion - obviously there is no way of forseeing the future and it is not my money!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think he is a chamionship level striker, but listening to Gus's comments on Saturday 'nobody is in a hurry' I think he will go - if he is not in a hurry to sign he is either waiting for a big pay rise or waiting for an offer to come along. We should have extended his contract by a year in the summer.

The question is do we cash in on him now or keep him until the end the season ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

No brainer really he has to sold if not wanting to sign a contract otherwise he will easily get a better wages offer if free therefore original investment wasted.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I think he is a chamionship level striker, but listening to Gus's comments on Saturday 'nobody is in a hurry' I think he will go - if he is not in a hurry to sign he is either waiting for a big pay rise or waiting for an offer to come along. We should have extended his contract by a year in the summer.

Orrrrr and this is perhaps wishful thinking, both parties are so confident he will sign, there is no need to rush.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No brainer really he has to sold if not wanting to sign a contract otherwise he will easily get a better wages offer if free therefore original investment wasted.
Not all all.I would much rather he walked away in the summer for free but help us get promoted.That is the best outcome.If we sold him now we will struggle badly trying to find a replacement with about a week left.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

It worked out OK for Leeds and Beckford. If we are not able to replace him, it would be foolish to let your best player go when we are chasing promotion. As said, it is not my money though.

Edit: What Algie said.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Teams in the Champtionship get approximately £2.9m a season for TV rights, compared to about £450,000 a season for League 1 clubs.

Keeping Murray and gettting promotion is therefore worth about £2.5million to the Albion, far more than any fee we could possibly get for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here