Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Fabio Capello...

Will Capello still be England manager after his meeting with the FA chairman today?

• Total voters

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Will Fabio Capello still be England manager after his meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein later today?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Yes.

Well maybe not. Depends how far you look into the future. There is 100% chance he won't be England Manager at some point after the meeting.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he will be, the FA won't want to sack him (as in how a normal person would be sacked for breach of contract), because they won't want the potential of a court case. Therefore, the FA have to back him, or pay him off.

I wonder how much money they have available...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would think so, but he's picked a fight that he didn't need to, so one might ask oneself why would he do that ? The mischevious side of me thinks he knows we're going to bomb in the summer and he wants out first, or maybe there's a job out there curently that he'd like and it won't wait.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
hope not. he can now f*ck off. harry to take charge for the Euros

Good idea, lets get rid of the man who has experience managing at the World Cup Finals and has won the Champions League, La Liga twice, Serie A 7 times, the Supercoppa Italiana 4 times, the European Super Cup and the Coppa Italia Primavera, and replace him with one who's won the FA Cup, a couple of lower league titles, the Football League Tophy and the Intertoto Cup, and who has just been up in court for tax evasion.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Good idea, lets get rid of the man who has experience managing at the World Cup Finals and has won the Champions League, La Liga twice, Serie A 7 times, the Supercoppa Italiana 4 times, the European Super Cup and the Coppa Italia Primavera, and replace him with one who's won the FA Cup, a couple of lower league titles, the Football League Tophy and the Intertoto Cup, and who has just been up in court for tax evasion.

its a great CV to be fair - but he is has been woeful for england... Harry for me or that bloke from the Royal Family.....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
its a great CV to be fair - but he is has been woeful for england... Harry for me or that bloke from the Royal Family.....

He had a bad world cup. How can you say he has been woeful? We qualified for the World Cup easily and in style, losing only one game when we'd already qualified and it didn't matter. Yes he f***ed up in South Africa but he had no international tournament experience before then, which he now has. Then we qualified easily again for this tournament, winning the group and remaining unbeaten throughout. We've beaten the World and European Champions and he has the best win percentage of any England manager ever.

Yet you think this is 'woeful'?

Do you remember Steve Maclaren?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He had a bad world cup. How can you say he has been woeful? We qualified for the World Cup easily and in style, losing only one game when we'd already qualified and it didn't matter. Yes he f***ed up in South Africa but he had no international tournament experience before then, which he now has. Then we qualified easily again for this tournament, winning the group and remaining unbeaten throughout. We've beaten the World and European Champions and he has the best win percentage of any England manager ever.

Yet you think this is 'woeful'?

Do you remember Steve Maclaren?

Yep Mclaren was rubbish. I am convinced we will have a woeful Euro Champs be surprised if we get out of the group. We should have easily quailfied through the World Cup and Euro champs groups anyway. The moment we played a decent organized team when it counts in a tournement we fell to peices. Great we beat Spain in a friendly he deserves 6 million quid for that alone.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yep Mclaren was rubbish. I am convinced we will have a woeful Euro Champs be surprised if we get out of the group. We should have easily quailfied through the World Cup and Euro champs groups anyway. The moment we played a decent organized team when it counts in a tournement we fell to peices. Great we beat Spain in a friendly he deserves 6 million quid for that alone.

It was the same with Sven though, qualification was never an issue. As soon as we went back to having an average English manager again we were shit. Getting rid of Capello now would achieve nothing. He's said before he made mistakes in South Africa and would do things differently next time, well this is next time. We might as well let him finish his job, then let Redknapp start afresh in the Autumn. Yeah, we probably wont win it, but we wont win it with Redknapp either.

And if I was Redknapp I wouldn't want to take over now anyway, I'd let Capello finish his job with his players and problems, then start afresh in the Autumn by which time it will be a lot easier to drop the Lampards / Terrys of this world as the next tournament is another two years away.

D

Deleted member 18477

course he will! he's in it for the money! has been right from the start. and who wouldnt for 6 million quid a year, for lets face it... DOING f*** ALL for at least 11 months of it.

the biggest decision he has to make is what game to watch live each week.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Voted yes but just wish he would do 1. Can't argue with his qualifying record but we were so shit in SA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here