Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will dick get the message

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The Large One said:

Unless of course you have a direct line to the knowledge of the club's coffers.
No i don't, but do you?You speak as though you are in the know, but are you?
If i am wrong and we have money for players, then why didn't we see anything happen in the transfer window.And why appoint a manager from within on the back of 3 defeats?........THE CHEAP OPTION......ONE THAT WILL COST US DEAR.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
The Large One said:
No, I don't know. But then, I'm not accusing Dick Knight of lying and bullshitting. You are.
You've got your opinions, and i have mine.We'll leave it at that, i'm not prepared to fall out with fellow Albion fans over this.That said, i'm not the only one with these opinions.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Bakesy said:
You've got your opinions, and i have mine.We'll leave it at that, i'm not prepared to fall out with fellow Albion fans over this.That said, i'm not the only one with these opinions.

No you're not :censored: :censored:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bakesy said:
Lets not take this out of context.My gripe is not the fact that we have no money.We all know that.My gripe is that we have a Chairman that is not being honest with us, by saying "The money was there, blah blah blah"........We know we are skint, why doesn't he just admit that, or is he trying to justify MM's sacking to save his own skin?Time for the bullshit to stop i think, before things go too far.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The Large One said:
Hang on. Dick Knight is saying the money was there, and yet you are saying it's not. How do you know? You have decided the money isn't there, decided Dick Knight is lying, and are asking Dick Knight to stop bullshitting yet you don't know all the facts. All you seem to have done is flatly contradict Knight to suit your own argument.

Unless of course you have a direct line to the knowledge of the club's coffers.
I think the fact that we've sold or released 14 players/staff, and brought in 2 non-leaguers, a OAP and a load of kids, and haven't paid money for one player with football league experience, probably means we are potless.

Ask yourself, whats more likely?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mr Burns said:
I think the fact that we've sold or released 14 players/staff, and brought in 2 non-leaguers, a OAP and a load of kids, and haven't paid money for one player with football league experience, probably means we are potless.

Depressing stuff when you look at it that way...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bakesy said:
Don't worry, no-one's falling out with anyone over this. All I am saying is that I don't have an opinion on Dick Knight's apparent bullshitting because I don't know whether he is or not. However, you haven't offered an opinion, you made a statement based on an apparent knowledge...

My gripe is that we have a Chairman that is not being honest with us, by saying "The money was there, blah blah blah"........We know we are skint, why doesn't he just admit that, or is he trying to justify MM's sacking to save his own skin?Time for the bullshit to stop i think, before things go too far.

Is that an opinion or is it a fact? You've asked him to stop bullshitting. My question is... is he bullshitting? I don't know, so I'm not making an accusation against him. If he is, then of course I would join you in your call, but I don't think it's reasonable to ask someone to stop bullshitting until you know for a fact that they are.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Burns said:

I don't know. It's possible he's bullshitting, but it's also possible he's not. Until I know for a fact or a certainty (and not a likelihood), I am not going to make an accusation.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
. Flo Chaigneau.
Jason Dodd Paul McShane Gary Elphick Chris McPhee
Seb Carole Alexis Nicolas Leon Knight Albert Jarrett
Mark McCammon Colin Kazim Richards

Subs- Federico Turenzo

Management Duo
MARK MCGHEE
BOB BOOKER

mmmmm, so thats 12 players and 2 managers. Not a bad looking team. Would probably do quite well in Division one this year. Certainly pushing for the play-offs. (Granted two are loans, but they were season long loans)

So, who have we brought into replace these players and staff to date?

Alex Revell (Braintree)
Geroges Santos (Post Office Pension Queue/Help The Aged Advert Campaign)
Douglas Loft (Hastings)
Half a dozen new youth contracts. Hardly close to the earning power of the platers above, and a couple of short term loans, two of which played about 5 games between them!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Mr Burns said:
. Flo Chaigneau.

Subs- Federico Turenzo

Management Duo
MARK MCGHEE
BOB BOOKER

mmmmm, so thats 12 players and 2 managers. Not a bad looking team. Would probably do quite well in Division one this year. Certainly pushing for the play-offs. (Granted two are loans, but they were season long loans)

So, who have we brought into replace these players and staff to date?

Alex Revell (Braintree)
Geroges Santos (Post Office Pension Queue/Help The Aged Advert Campaign)
Douglas Loft (Hastings)
Half a dozen new youth contracts. Hardly close to the earning power of the platers above, and a couple of short term loans, two of which played about 5 games between them!

That still doesn'r bear out the argument that we are either potless or that DK is lying.

However, we have been saying for over a year now that we after this player and that player, and yet they still haven't turned up. It's not surprising that people start to question the so-called 'spin' from the club about whether money is available.

Personally, I believe we have less than less than a pot to piss in, but like TLO says, until there is evidence to the contrary, we are going to have to believe what we are told.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Burns said:
. Flo Chaigneau.

Subs- Federico Turenzo
Interesting the view people have of certain players after they've gone in comparison to when they were here.

Chaigneau was always third choice. Kuipers and Henderson are perfectly good enough to command their own place ahead of him.
Jason Dodd was knackered and ended up wanting to go home. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Gary Elphick We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Chris McPhee was never considered good enough by many to cut the mustard in the first place. Granted we could have done with him now.
Seb Carole I would say has been comfortably replaced with Dean Cox, although Seb and Cox would have been awesome in the same team.
Alexis Nicolas. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place
Albert Jarrett. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Mark McCammon. Behave.
Leon Knight. Little f***ing bastard though he is, I'll give you that one.
CKR. And I'll give you that one.
Frederico Turienzo. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The Large One said:
Interesting the view people have of certain players after they've gone in comparison to when they were here.

Chaigneau was always third choice. Kuipers and Henderson are perfectly good enough to command their own place ahead of him.
Jason Dodd was knackered and ended up wanting to go home. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Gary Elphick We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Chris McPhee was never considered good enough by many to cut the mustard in the first place. Granted we could have done with him now.
Seb Carole I would say has been comfortably replaced with Dean Cox, although Seb and Cox would have been awesome in the same team.
Alexis Nicolas. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place
Albert Jarrett. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Mark McCammon. Behave.
Leon Knight. Little f***ing bastard though he is, I'll give you that one.
CKR. And I'll give you that one.
Frederico Turienzo. We didn't need to replace him because he hardly played in the first place.
Not really the point of how good they were. The point is most of them would have been on good wages. Revel, Loft and the youngsters will be on bottom dollar. If you go back another season I think you will find a simialir pattern.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Seagull73 said:
That still doesn'r bear out the argument that we are either potless or that DK is lying.

Well without seeing the bank statements we will never know for sure.

All we can do is make our minds up on what we know.

And I for one, given the amount of players that have left, and the amount that have come in, would summise on those fact, we haven't got any money to spend, like we are being told we have.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mr Burns said:
Not really the point of how good they were. The point is most of them would have been on good wages. Revel, Loft and the youngsters will be on bottom dollar. If you go back another season I think you will find a simialir pattern.
Bearing in mind that we're not allowed to spend more than 60% of our income on salaries, and our income falling sharply, you can understand why the playing budget has to be cut.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Large One said:
Bearing in mind that we're not allowed to spend more than 60% of our income on salaries, and our income falling sharply, you can understand why the playing budget has to be cut.

Yeah don't forget Al that 'income' also includes transfer fees, and we have hardly spent any of what has come in in the last 2 years (although I understand why).

I'm sceptical that there is money, so we have to accept what we are told, but it all smells rather like Baldrick's apple crumble....

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Bakesy said:
Lets not take this out of context.My gripe is not the fact that we have no money.We all know that.My gripe is that we have a Chairman that is not being honest with us, by saying "The money was there, blah blah blah"........We know we are skint, why doesn't he just admit that, or is he trying to justify MM's sacking to save his own skin?Time for the bullshit to stop i think, before things go too far.

I would agree with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here