Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tomorrow's Daily Star front page.

Prisoners taken: 0.

EY-Tkd7WsAISD57.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Twitter is 99% bullshit obviously, but 1% has been intriguing. The sightings were being rumoured on there for months as was a post from someone claimed to see Cummings in a hospital in the NE with his son.

I nearly spat my wine out when he revealed in his statement it was true.

But he said he never got out of the car at the hospital. Surely not another porkie?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Shore patrol at Portland was a piece of broom handle about 12 inches long. Nothing more intimidating than a pussers shore patrol[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a shore patrol with the Yank Police in Fort Lauderdale. I was told if we came under fire there was a pump action shotgun under the cars seat that I could use.
I told them I wouldn’t be needing that.:ffsparr:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well, too much of a coincidence but I can't find it now. I read it Saturday or Sunday before the Cummings press conference.

Wasn't doubting the report - doubting Cummings'! On that note - why did he have to go to the hospital from his sickbed when he had the 'willing nieces' and parents next door who could have picked his son up?

I've also just read his wife's Spectator article for the first time. https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/ It really was misleading:
  1. My version of the virus began with a nasty headache and a grubby feeling of unease, after which I threw up on the bathroom floor. ‘That’s disgusting, Mum,’ said my four-year-old son, handing me a towel with a look of patronizing distaste. I’ve never known a bug treat its victims so differently. Cummings said that his wife probably didn't have the virus.
  2. That evening, as I lay on the sofa, a happy thought occurred to me: if this was the virus, then my husband, who works 16-hour days as a rule, would have to come home. - 'That evening' was actually when they were on a five-hour journey to Durham. Some sofa!
  3. My husband did rush home to look after me. He’s an extremely kind man, whatever people assume to the contrary. But 24 hours later, he said ‘I feel weird’ and collapsed. I felt breathless, sometimes achy, but Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs. - no mention that they had spent 5 of those 24 hours driving to Durham. And the 10 days he was laying doggo appears to cover the day he was able to drive to pick up his son from hospital.
  4. After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. - except they emerged from quarantine in Barnard Castle

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wasn't doubting the report - doubting Cummings'!

Sorry if I implied that, I wasn't :)

Like Thunder Bolt I've been following this for a while on twitter, disbelieving but at the same time oddly addicted. It was a very angry post, I recall, having a pop at Cummings asking for a test for his son at Durham hospital.

I don't doubt Cummings story about the hospital visit isn't 100% to be honest, because it would be pulled apart very quickly. But the above (now deleted I think) is oddness itself because it was posted well before the hospital visit was in the public domain.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Y

I think part of me seeing all these appear via twitter, rather than being reported following investigation by journalists, are these a tactic to muddy the waters? Someone on Dom's side make spurious claims that will be picked up and spread and then revealed to be false, giving them and their supporters a chance to say 'can we even trust the reports he went there?' - I know there has been varying degrees of confessions, but there's also been stories changed, and editing of months old blogs, and people who want to support Cummings or Johnson will cling to it if they can.

It's called disinformation. And you could be right. It certainly wouldn't be the first time such a tactic had been used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here