Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Suella Braverman, the ATTORNEY GENERAL of all people, has tweeted that what Cummings did was absolutely fine. So that's alright then.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to feel sorry for Grant Shapps. He has to defend Cummings to the horde of reporters who are smelling blood. Should be Boris out there.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If that were the case, why is it not Government advise for everyone to do this is showing symptoms? One rule for them and one for the sheep. :angry:

...and if this was the case why didn't he proudly announce it to the nation at the time? Duplicity of a high level, by him and by any of the cabinet suits tweeting their support. It was obvious what sort of individual he was four years ago.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Gutted this didn't break yesterday morning.

The Home Secretary would have cleared everything up.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1. In the other thread, his wife, who writes for the Spectator, made out they had stayed in London throughout, in her article in April.
2. She has a brother in London who could have looked after his nephew if they were desperate for child care.

Yes, I did hear that he was supposed to be 'at home'. Obviously, I don't know his family arrangements.

I guess I'm saying that it hasn't got me bothered that much as it was more an unwise action than anything worse. It doesn't set a good example if he could have done better though.

But there lays the issue. He's not an ordinary member of the public, although I wish he was.

He just needs to get out of our government. That's the real thing that bothers me.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I notice by their coverage that the Sun are really not bothered with this Story. It’s not their online headline this morning (as it is virtually everywhere else) and there is no editorial bias in the language describing his actions, you could say that it’s a very balanced bit of reporting which is strange because the Sun are very rarely known for this.

The Mail online is different though, it seems that their editors believe their readers might well be a little pissed off with the hypocrisy shown by Johnson’s odd little Rasputin/Campbell hybrid.

The Sun is pro centre right, as long as they've got Tories or Tory-lite Labour they're happy, with a nice side of brexit stuff for good measure.

Mail is a bit different, they're dyed in the wool Tories and assume all their readers are already. Instead their editorial support is for factions within the Tory Party, and I don't think they are particular fans of Cummings, or Boris that much for good measure. They are all a bit to much 'one nation' for the Mail's liking, Gove is more their man.

Of course quarantine-breaking actions should be right up the Mails street, but if they can have a dig at Cummings they'll take it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suella Braverman, the ATTORNEY GENERAL of all people, has tweeted that what Cummings did was absolutely fine. So that's alright then.

No doubt her comments will be quoted in Courts in the coming weeks in defence of why people who have been charged under the Cov-id Laws are in fact innocent.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Gutted this didn't break yesterday morning.

The Home Secretary would have cleared everything up.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Maybe it broke when it did because we've got the Sunday papers to pile on the pressure in the morning.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Absolutely disgraceful. Kuensberg too. Really dislike her. Pair of slippery shits. How can he not be breaking lockdown rules? His child could have infected his elderly parents at the very least. Disgusting. Pray he goes. Doubt he will. Watch this space for a new piece of 'news' in the next day or so to deflect this heat...

Are we in danger of shooting the messenger? From what I've read, Kuensberg has done no more than report what the government is saying. She's not supporting (or opposing) what they are saying, she's just announcing that they said it. Isn't that just doing her job?

I agree with everything you say after 'Pair of Slippery Shits'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is actually quite amusing watching GS fail miserably to defend

"I'm disappointed there aren't more questions about the upgrades to the A66"

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Turns out Dominic Cummings is a liar who thinks he is inherently superior to everyone else and now the entire cabinet has been ordered to rally round and defend him no matter what. Such a shock to us all.

Still he 'wanted to do the best for his family'. That will get him off the hook with all those people that missed funerals,haven't seen children and grandchildren for months, self-isolated, no matter how difficult it became. Off the hook. Definitely.

This isn't going to go well with the general public. However the Mail, The Sun and others try to spin it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are we in danger of shooting the messenger? From what I've read, Kuensberg has done no more than report what the government is saying. She's not supporting (or opposing) what they are saying, she's just announcing that they said it. Isn't that just doing her job?

I agree with everything you say after 'Pair of Slippery Shits'.

Ah, she's just a reporter, and not a political analyst/journalist then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here