Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Will Creepy Crawley become a city?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I suppose I'd vote for Warwick, because of its castle and history. And I thought Elgin was already a city? The football club is called Elgin City.

Blackburn and Guildford already have cathedrals, and Guildford is also the seat of the University of Surrey, so they both have a sort of claim.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hard to disagree with his point to be fair.
I have never lived in Crawley but let’s look at what he’s mentioned.

Better transport links - definitely.
Cleanliness - this wouldn’t be too difficult seeing the state of parts of Brighton :D
Lower crime rate - the figures will be out there, this wouldn’t surprise me.
Job opportunities- also wouldn’t surprise me.
Cheaper housing - everyone knows property in Brighton is overpriced.
Facilities - I wouldn’t know TBH.

Mmmm, when you put it like that……makes me stop and think…….

but absolutely an enormous lack of history, culture, architecture, and of course the sea.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mmmm, when you put it like that……makes me stop and think…….

but absolutely an enormous lack of history, culture, architecture, and of course the sea.

Yes I definitely can’t disagree with this.
I lived in Brighton for the first 32 years of my life, I definitely wouldn’t want to move back, but I love the history and architecture.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I will never forgive Crawley council for conspiring to prevent the Albion from playing there following the Goldstone heist. Bunch of Chelsea and Palace no marks living in a shithole - **** 'em.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Warrington is a complete dump. Avoid.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
What will be interesting is which dump of Ayr or Dumfries makes greatest claim over the worlds most famous tax man - Robbie Burns

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They should look at how downhill Brighton has gone since becoming a city, at the turn of the century. Besides which not one of those places warrants city status.

I imagine it’s a council ploy to allow more development. Equalling more council tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here