Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Would still have started him instead of Fenelon today despite form question marks, thought he did well second half against Southampton - questionable decision by Sami

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
He seemed more like his old self against Wednesday. He created chances and showed his pace when chasing down their players. He should have been on the pitch a lot earlier though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
After one game!!! - Lets at least let him get a few under his belt this season, and hopefully he will find that form again.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'll admit I'm speaking from a certain degree of ignorance as I wasn't there today, but Buckley at his least effective still makes a bigger contribution than JFC, who hasn't hurt an opposing team with a pass for over a season.

Now THERE is a player who has gone backwards. He was perfect for the Oscar team, pointlessly keeping possession with safe, short passes that seldom, if ever, did any damage. Maybe Sami will encourage him to look forward occasionally, but I think that part of his game has died off since that debut against Southampton.
Tis true. JFC needs to rediscover the penetrating pass. There was one second half that stood out for its rarity.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tis true. JFC needs to rediscover the penetrating pass. There was one second half that stood out for its rarity.

There were two ping point passes to Bruno to put him through on goal

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Buckley is living proof, that keeping a player who doesn't want to be at the club, is a waste of time and money and can be nothing but disruptive to team plans.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'll admit I'm speaking from a certain degree of ignorance as I wasn't there today, but Buckley at his least effective still makes a bigger contribution than JFC, who hasn't hurt an opposing team with a pass for over a season.

Now THERE is a player who has gone backwards. He was perfect for the Oscar team, pointlessly keeping possession with safe, short passes that seldom, if ever, did any damage. Maybe Sami will encourage him to look forward occasionally, but I think that part of his game has died off since that debut against Southampton.

JFC was more adventurous with his passing yesterday. He also played well in a more advanced position in the Toulon tournament for England earlier in the summer. Hopefully the manager uses him correctly and encourages his attacking instincts.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
JFC was more adventurous with his passing yesterday. He also played well in a more advanced position in the Toulon tournament for England earlier in the summer. Hopefully the manager uses him correctly and encourages his attacking instincts.

There were times yesterday where we had all 3 central midfielders sitting in the holding role, when we had possession.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There were times yesterday where we had all 3 central midfielders sitting in the holding role, when we had possession.

Because they were covering the full backs who had gone up field. Didn't seem like there was much communication about who should press and who should hold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here