Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
With all the talk of Vicente and the imminent arrivals of Heskey/Owen/Santa Cruz/Rhodes/Forlan etc this summer, Buckley has gone a little bit under the radar. I feel with a full pre season behind him though and no new injury scares he could be a massive player for us this season.

He tailed off towards the end of the season, as did a lot of the team, but after he had gotten over the terrible luck he had with injuries, in that spell of games he played mid season around January to March he was virtually unstoppable at times.

Just wondered how everyone else thought he might get on and actually whether he was going to be a first choice starter?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I bloody love Buckley. There's a real sense of excitement when he gets someone one-on-one or a ball is played through for him to chase. He's lightning quick making him such a dangerous weapon, especially on the big Amex pitch

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Buckley + LuaLua have to be two of the most exciting players ever to play for us? Good question actually

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He and Ashley Barnes (injury free) will have a better season this time, that in my opinion will help us to a higher position. We may make the play-offs if we can eradicate the captulations (West Ham). Signing our new Polish keeper will help in this department. Its going to be great!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I blimmin LOVE Will Buckley.

My WIFE likes him too. She says he has lovely brown eyes. :rolleyes:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No I'm not on medication thank you very much but I think its a fair question to ask if he will be a regular starter.

I agree that he is easily one of our best players and would love to see him start every match but I'm assuming Vicente will start most matches when fit and Gus doesnt seem to like playing 2 wingers with him in the starting line up so that leaves Buckley, Noone, Lua Lua and possibly Barnes fighting it out for the other wing position.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Thought he was our best player last season IMO. Won quite a few games singlehandedly for us with late goals which other wise would've left us with 2 less points most games.

Stupid question really though, its his natural position whilst our other wingers: Lualua, Noone both prefer the left, as do Vicente and Agdestein if you were to play them on the wing. Not a question whether he would be first choice its a non brainer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I could be in for a difficult season.
Calde & Buckley was poetry in motion, last year.

Now it could be Bruno & Buckley the new lad had better step up or I'll not be happy.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I think it's a reasonable question, as he had some fantastic games coming off the bench.

But yes, I would start him

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm hoping we get to see Will play as a striker at some point during pre-season, just to see if it could be an option next season if needs be. He didn't manage a single assist last season if I remember rightly, so possibly he would be better utilised up top? Pacey, good finisher, got a fair bit of height- could do a job IMO.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Buckley reminds me of Kaka and Zidane when running with the ball, doesn't look quick to the eye but seems to glide and eat up the ground in front of him and rarely gets caught.

Defo starter for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here