Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
I would maybe like to see a 4 2 3 1 formation next game with bridcutt and reyes as the 2 holding mids then noone, vicente and buckly infront and cms upfront think that would be a deadly formation think buckly going to be amazing for us in the future if he can sort out his injuries

agree that putting Vicente and Buckley in the team together is a target to move us on. Lets try it 3rd round of cup. Putting two players just back from injury will expose us - so one at a time is a conservative approach. Think that with only one up top, nooney is not effective. So Hosky 7 has to play up top with Macca- he will be class when he gets fit. Just some of his touches at Derby were quality. Barn door Billy needs to lose a stone in weight if he wants to play at this level.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
agree that putting Vicente and Buckley in the team together is a target to move us on. Lets try it 3rd round of cup. Putting two players just back from injury will expose us - so one at a time is a conservative approach. Think that with only one up top, nooney is not effective. So Hosky 7 has to play up top with Macca- he will be class when he gets fit. Just some of his touches at Derby were quality. Barn door Billy needs to lose a stone in weight if he wants to play at this level.

are you mad !! nooney is by far one of our best consistant players

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
I would maybe like to see a 4 2 3 1 formation next game with bridcutt and reyes as the 2 holding mids then noone, vicente and buckly infront and cms upfront think that would be a deadly formation think buckly going to be amazing for us in the future if he can sort out his injuries

Me too. Might help to fill the empty casm of options that seems to exist in our midfield.

I like Mr Bucks, he reminds me a little of Steve McManamanamanamn. A flighty fella with the ball at his feet.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
At the risk of repeating myself, I think Buckley, when fit, is the only one of our current squad that could play for a Premiership side with little difficulty. The guy is simply class. Pace and skill on the ball is a deadly combination and Buckley has those attributes in abundance. For me he almost looks quicker than KLL - awesome.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is simply superb however we need to really nurse him through games as best possible whilst he seems to be prone to injury.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Very good on the ball, plays with urgency, quick, good vision and has strength... unlike Harley/Barnes etc

WB is a very complete player and I hope he can get into regular starts because we would look far better IMO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't realise he is only 21, hope he has signed a long contract

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
At the risk of repeating myself, I think Buckley, when fit, is the only one of our current squad that could play for a Premiership side with little difficulty. The guy is simply class. Pace and skill on the ball is a deadly combination and Buckley has those attributes in abundance. For me he almost looks quicker than KLL - awesome.

Agree with this entirely ... think his 0-60 might eclipse KLL who's brilliant too. In his little pitch time this season Buckley has been the stand out performer for me

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He seems to just run (very quickly) directly at the goal. Gets defenders back pedalling. Completely electrifying.

One fly in the oinkment seems to be his head. Not getting very promising noises out of him and the other players/Gus who have commented. there is defo more to his 'injuried' than being injured. Hope he gets his head straight and drives us to the play-offs this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here