Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Akinbuyi sink us?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
blueandwhitearmy said:
It will be a tough game anyway, Burnley are a very good side, however IMO even if we were to lose to them we wouldn't be down.

On, but if we beat them we will have a great chance of staying up - and be out of the drop zone! Come on you Seagulls! :drink:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Perry Milkins said:

Scores for Stoke against Reading to sink us two seasons ago

I don't think it was him that sank us two seasons ago.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Re: Re: Will Akinbuyi sink us?

Rangdo said:
I don't think it was him that sank us two seasons ago.

No what sank us was that world class losing streak which we failed to emulate this season and that is why we should stay up.

Mind you Dolan v Akinbye, footballing feast isnt it? I cannot wait

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Let's hope the Ref is a bit more observant, as Dan Harding got mugged by Akinbuyi for their goal when Stoke beat us in December.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hadlee said:
Let's hope the Ref is a bit more observant, as Dan Harding got mugged by Akinbuyi for their goal when Stoke beat us in December.

No, Harding should have hoofed it in to Row Z and didn't. It was a well-taken goal and no foul.

There were no protests from the players, nor do I recall anyone on NSC suggesting that it was a foul at the time.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Gwylan said:
No, Harding should have hoofed it in to Row Z and didn't. It was a well-taken goal and no foul.

There were no protests from the players, nor do I recall anyone on NSC suggesting that it was a foul at the time.

I agree it was a well taken goal, but from where I was Harding was wrestled to the ground !! and I seem to remember he was protesting pretty well.

Take your point though, he should have hoofed it into row z

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hadlee said:
I agree it was a well taken goal, but from where I was Harding was wrestled to the ground !! and I seem to remember he was protesting pretty well.

That was probably to cover his embarrassment :)

I don't recall MM making any comment about the goal (and he's not normally shy about doing so) apart from telling Harding to sort himself out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Will Akinbuyi sink us?

Stinky Kat said:
No what sank us was that world class losing streak which we failed to emulate this season and that is why we should stay up.

Mind you Dolan v Akinbye, footballing feast isnt it? I cannot wait

I would think mayo may be recalled if fit

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If Mayo is fit
Mayo should start

Experienced defenders are needed at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here