Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will 4 points really be enough?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I see MM has again quoted that he believes 4 points will be enough to stay up - and possibly 3...

Does anyone else think this will be enough? I really hope so but given our goal difference, I think we need at least 50 points - possibly 51.

If Watford lose at Rotherham on Saturday and we get a result - maybe he's right but, if not, I just can't see it.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
It's possible but we've still got a job on our hands to get the four points and really we could do with 6 to be safe. Remember as it stands we are in the relegation zone so we have got to pick up as many points as possible so it doesn't come to relying on Watford or Crewe losing.

Seagull Stew

I hate points targets I really do. I seem to remember we lost all those matches just after MM gave the target of 50 points!
So, never mind "We need four more points to stay up", what we need is 1 more point than the Third bottom team.
End of!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seagull_Stew said:
what we need is 1 more point than the Third bottom team.
End of!
EXACTLY.
Obviously we'd prefer not to have to rely on other teams screwing up to keep us in this division, but the reality is that it's exactly that that could keep us up.

Going on current form, its a straight shootout between us, Watford and Crewe to see who can get the most points from the last 4 games, and I reckon we are well capable of overhauling Watford. Their run-in is:

Rotherham (a)
Sheff U (h)
Stoke (a)
West Ham (h)

So two fixtures the same as ours - lets just make sure we do a little bit better than Watford in those remaining games. Thats all we have to do.

Easy 10 said:
EXACTLY.
Obviously we'd prefer not to have to rely on other teams screwing up to keep us in this division, but the reality is that it's exactly that that could keep us up.

Going on current form, its a straight shootout between us, Watford and Crewe to see who can get the most points from the last 4 games, and I reckon we are well capable of overhauling Watford. Their run-in is:

Rotherham (a)
Sheff U (h)
Stoke (a)
West Ham (h)

So two fixtures the same as ours - lets just make sure we do a little bit better than Watford in those remaining games. Thats all we have to do.

the problem with that is Stoke who will lose to Watford

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Maybe we should adopt the well worn cliche (ay) of taking one game at a time.

The way these end of season runins work is that the whole gameplan chnages after each set of games.

We could be withina few points of the play-offs and be talking about stregnthening the squad for a promotion push next season.

We could also indulge in discussing the best sticky cake to hurl (fling) at opposing managers who have crossed us in the past.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ha ha

Brighton

depending on other results if Watford and Crewe win the gap is 4 points if you take goal difference into mind

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we win against Rotherham 25-0 or so and draw the other game, it should be enough to stay up (if Watford only draw at Rotherham).

Seriously, I think we need 50 points before the last game.

So that is a win and two draws.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think 5 points is the goal realistically, but it'll all change after this saturday depending on results.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
KinkyGoebels said:
Lose on sat i think it could be over
even a draw on saturday won't be enough i reckon

doubt we'll get anything against West Ham or Ipswich.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whatever points you think we need, add 1 for the goal difference

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Watford have two winable games there but they are both away from home so a major turn in form is needed

Really no different to us two winnerable games but both away.

Crewe have an even tougher run in

Gills A
stoke H
Ipswich A
Coventry H

I cant see them getting more than a point from those games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here