Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins - The boys are buoyant in the dressing room

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:clap: :clap:

Dean Wilkins revealed that it was a jubilant dressing room at Withdean following the well-deserved win against Oldham.

He said, "The boys are buoyant in the dressing room and we need to get them like that.

"We spoke last week about confidence and self belief and the fact that we can be quite fragile. There is a fine line between a player having that belief in himself and not, and the one person who highlighted that for me today, more than any other player, was Andrew Whing.

"I'm not going to repeat his reaction and what he said to me when he came off, but it was one of such delight that he had got back to playing as well as he knows he is capable of playing, and it just goes to show how fine a line it is."

The confidence flowing through the side was no more evident than in attack, and in particular Glenn Murray, whose fourth goal for the club earned him special praise from the Albion boss.

"Glenn is looking absolute class. The way that he uses his body and his little touches at times, I thought that he showed real quality today and he looks as though he is starting to settle in really well."

Wilkins was also delighted with Matt Richards, whose attacking foray led to Murray's winning goal.

"I know Matt Richards is capable of those type of runs because we work with the players during the week and we see them do things.

"It is one of the things that we try to encourage - not in the way of going through all on your own - but dragging the ball inside and attacking that little bit of space.

"The way he did it though was absolutely fantastic and the movement ahead of him by Glenn, and the timing of his movement, the quality of the ball through, and the way that he took it, led to a quality goal."

Tom Fraser was forced off before half-time with a calf-injury, the extent of which is not yet known.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so they should be.

Midfield looked good today. I also thought Martot quietly went about his work well today, however I think we could do with a bit of creativity...we started with fraser. thomson , both spoiler midfielders.......at least it worked for w ahile.

all in all good game of footballl today from both sides

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
so they should be.

Midfield looked good today. I also thought Martot quietly went about his work well today, however I think we could do with a bit of creativity...we started with fraser. thomson , both spoiler midfielders.......at least it worked for w ahile.

all in all good game of footballl today from both sides

And the crowd who were behind the team for most of it until they took Forster off, then it changed and some right moaners raised their heads. I admit it was a risky thing to do.

Even after the final whistle a few started in E block. Hats off to the bloke sticking up for the team against a bunch of "I paid my money I'll piss everyone off" merchants. Well done that man:thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought Fraser was excellent before going off, hope the injury isn't too bad.

He was limping on the same ankle that he injured a few weeks ago. It's possible the ligaments weren't strong enough yet.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dear oh dear - it's a joke. :jester::jester::jester:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stewart OUT... Yorkie IN

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Does this mean someone flooded the dressing room and they are using Butters as some kind of inflatable to maintain bouyancy?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Does this mean someone flooded the dressing room and they are using Butters as some kind of inflatable to maintain bouyancy?
I suppose Deano is trying to guard against losing the dressing room which can be a problem for some managers...

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Buoyancy? That Would Explain How And Why The Players Were Bouncing Off The Walls Of The Oldham Dressing Room A Few Weeks Back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:clap: :clap:

Dean Wilkins revealed that it was a jubilant dressing room at Withdean following the well-deserved win against Oldham.

He said, "The boys are buoyant in the dressing room and we need to get them like that.

"We spoke last week about confidence and self belief and the fact that we can be quite fragile. There is a fine line between a player having that belief in himself and not, and the one person who highlighted that for me today, more than any other player, was Andrew Whing.

"I'm not going to repeat his reaction and what he said to me when he came off, but it was one of such delight that he had got back to playing as well as he knows he is capable of playing, and it just goes to show how fine a line it is."

The confidence flowing through the side was no more evident than in attack, and in particular Glenn Murray, whose fourth goal for the club earned him special praise from the Albion boss.

"Glenn is looking absolute class. The way that he uses his body and his little touches at times, I thought that he showed real quality today and he looks as though he is starting to settle in really well."

Wilkins was also delighted with Matt Richards, whose attacking foray led to Murray's winning goal.

"I know Matt Richards is capable of those type of runs because we work with the players during the week and we see them do things.

"It is one of the things that we try to encourage - not in the way of going through all on your own - but dragging the ball inside and attacking that little bit of space.

"The way he did it though was absolutely fantastic and the movement ahead of him by Glenn, and the timing of his movement, the quality of the ball through, and the way that he took it, led to a quality goal."

Tom Fraser was forced off before half-time with a calf-injury, the extent of which is not yet known.

Try eradicating the long aimless hoof from the Albion game then Wilkins ya muppet. Worked today, might just bring the crowds back.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Andrew Whing is very quickly becoming a favourite player of mine.

He seems to give everything and after 70 mins always seems to look like he's been through a war.

What f*cking annoyed me today was people walking out of d block after 80 mins and shouting abuse at the players.

Low crowd or not, they can F*CK right off.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Andrew Whing is very quickly becoming a favourite player of mine.

He seems to give everything and after 70 mins always seems to look like he's been through a war.

What f*cking annoyed me today was people walking out of d block after 80 mins and shouting abuse at the players.

Low crowd or not, they can F*CK right off.

I personally think there is always a whinger at every club and your comments prove you are one of these!. I'm sick of hearing whinging at Withdean and just as sick of people whinging about whingers, Some people are far too aware of fans around them rather than whats happening on the pitch!. I thought it was a good performance today but was not happy with us losing our momentium once we scored, i didn't moan or whing at the match but it is something that can cost you vital points ie Walsall at home. If we want to go up this season we need to win comfortable games to raise the confidence which we lacked once we went a goal up. Can't complain as we were still worth the enterainmentbut did wonder what it could of been if hughes and Davies had not been injured? Thank god they were

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I personally think there is always a whinger at every club and your comments prove you are one of these!. I'm sick of hearing whinging at Withdean and just as sick of people whinging about whingers, Some people are far too aware of fans around them rather than whats happening on the pitch!. I thought it was a good performance today but was not happy with us losing our momentium once we scored, i didn't moan or whing at the match but it is something that can cost you vital points ie Walsall at home. If we want to go up this season we need to win comfortable games to raise the confidence which we lacked once we went a goal up. Can't complain as we were still worth the enterainmentbut did wonder what it could of been if hughes and Davies had not been injured? Thank god they were

I'm gonna pull you up on that one.

CG might have been talking about the same person as the one sitting next to me (not a regular, not that that's particuarly relevant), and this bloke was a 24-carat tosser from minute one. In my ear, at blitzkreig volume, non-stop.

He might have paid his money, giving him entitlement to voice his opinion, but similarly, I haven't paid my money just in order to hear his abuse.

Absolutely EVERYTHING that happened, he moaned about it - Elphick got a tackle in - he abused Elphick for the way he made the tackle; Fraser won the ball and passed it square - a volley of abuse for not passing it forward; Dean Cox cut in to put a cross in - more abuse for not going round the outside; Forster's header over the bar in the first half - 'what the f*** did you come here for, Forster, you wanker'; Bowditch puts a cross in to the near post - he moaned at him for not putting it into the far post; Bowditch put a cross into the far post - more moaning for not putting it into the near post; Short pass from Richards to Cox - 'don't play short passes to Cox, he's f***ing hopeless'; Martot came on as sub - 'Wilkins, what the f*** are you doing taking Fraser, you useless idiot?', closely followed by 'f*** off you French cunt'; Richards' run for the goal - 'f***ing pass the ball, you f***ing useless piece of shit...'; End of the game, when we've deservedly won a hard-fought match - 'I'm not applauding that, Wilkins, you f***ing shit fat cunt'... etc...

I'm so looking forward to the Orient game... :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here