Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins SLAGGING off Revell

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ernest said:
Why didn't Wilkins say Robinson should get stuck in ? No he only SINGLED out Revell :angry: :angry: :angry:

Must NoT bite...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
HE WASN'T HAVING A GO AT REVELL

He just wants us to start KICKING some players. And I wholeheartedly concur. This lot wouldn't say BOO to a goose.

*dreams of Cullips return*

Thats exactly the sought of player we need back again

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Never heard it, but would hope Wilkins wasn't slagging off ANY of his young players. He's supposed to take the flak on their behalf if he's any kind of a manager. He can chew them to bits in the privacy of the dressing room. But not in public ???

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:
You have to smile, those of us who saw him play will find it amusing our Wendy telling players to toughen up !

The one thing about Wilkins as a player was that he was never guilty of winning a tackle or getting his shorts muddy or his hair messed up.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Snoobs`Seagull said:
Thats exactly the sought of player we need back again

We have exactly that type of player in OATWAY,and IMO a better example.

For this fact alone he should be offered a new deal for next season IF he can prove his fitness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
You have to smile, those of us who saw him play will find it amusing our Wendy telling players to toughen up !

Good point hence his nickname :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Revell was ok today, a bit unlucky at times.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Revell was ok today, a bit unlucky at times.

He couldn't play at his best as you could see he was restricted by his injury.
That's why I couldn't believe that Revell was left on when Elder came on. Why not take him off instead of Hart. Gatts could have come on a bit later then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was expecting Elder to be thrown on soon after half time in a shit or bust move and to give him a fair time to show what he can or can't do but yet once again he got changed. did his stretching excercises and 15 minutes later he was sent on. Can some body please explain why having made the decision that he should get ready to go on does it take 15 minutes to actually do it. Is it because Wilkins and White are not sure of what to do and are a little scared of getting it wrong.. Also when 2 - 0 down why bring on another defender in a straight swop. Why not El Abd back to central defence or right back and Elder on with a 4 -3 -3 formation to try to rescue the game, we didnt know Bradford wouldn't score 4 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ernest said:
My point is why did he SINGLE out Revell for being LIGHTWEIGHT when he could have quite easily have said the whole team or better still keep the CRITICISM behind CLOSED doors :angry: :angry: :angry:

Presumably because Revell got the worst of it. He is asked to comment on the match - if you want this sort of thing kept behind closed doors, then what elese can he say!? "Yes, I was disappointed we lost...." "Umm...."

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
If DW wants our strikers to be more physical, why does he keep picking Jake?

I thought Revell worked his bollocks off. If we'd started the game with Revell and Elder up front we would have done much better.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
junior said:

For this fact alone he should be offered a new deal for next season IF he can prove his fitness.

Spot on :clap: :clap:

I really think the problem this year and at the end of last year was the team missing his presence.

E

enigma

junior said:

:clap: :clap:

That man's absence has been a big factor in our lack of success over the last 18 months or so......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here