Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins - Savage WILL be moving on

On the BBC

Seagulls boss Dean Wilkins admitted: "He has refused our offer, so he will be moving on.

Doesn't sound like a disappointed manager who has just been told to sell his best player so that his plans are shot to pieces.
sounds like SAvage has cut off his nose to spite his face

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
On the BBC

Seagulls boss Dean Wilkins admitted: "He has refused our offer, so he will be moving on.

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed :jester:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
On the BBC

Doesn't sound like a disappointed manager who has just been told to sell his best player so that his plans are shot to pieces.

Don't think it offers any hints as to whether he's gutted or not. Sounds more like Dean Wilkins has accepted the fact, and hopefully doesn't see it as particularly relevent to what his team does from this point forward, and is getting on with stuff.

scooter1

How soon is now?
So far i've kept out of this whole thing as I don't know any of the actual factuals. But I think DK has been pretty fair with what he says on the Seagulls site. Its a shame that the contract has so far(!!!) been rejected. I don't think Savage will get a better offer anywhere else, it certainly won't be with a better club. Unfortunately it would seem that ant relationship between DK and Savage's agent has been truly ruined, and Andy Naylor hasn't really helped matters. Fair play to DW for getting on with whats important, and thats having a crack at beating Yeovil.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Dick has just put a "final statement" on the club website saying Bas' contract is still on the table & he has 3 days to sign it. Dick has taken a big swipe at Andy Naylor for stirring up trouble to fill the Argus.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~1201232,00.html
The fact that the chairman has gone out of his way to let the player know he can still sign the contract is surely a good thing, as is the fact that he is unlikely to get a better offer anywhere else. I had a look on the Bristol Rovers forum an hour ago and their fans are not exactly clamouring for their club to get his signature.

I'm actually beginning to think he might sign afterall.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If he had half a brain he would sign in the blink of an eye. He seems to be a very lucky player who bundles through defenders. Gillingham didn't seem to upset he left. And to be honest I can see why. It's just happened that he'es given 100% for the Albion, scored a few good goals and does the moonwalk that everyone has (had) taken him to their hearts.

Poor old Al anyway, his T-Shirt sales will half if he goes!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh look ANOTHER Bas "Ive got a shit celebration" Savage thread......my GOD how do you people not wank yourselves to death?!?!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The fact that the chairman has gone out of his way to let the player know he can still sign the contract is surely a good thing, as is the fact that he is unlikely to get a better offer anywhere else. I had a look on the Bristol Rovers forum an hour ago and their fans are not exactly clamouring for their club to get his signature.

I'm actually beginning to think he might sign afterall.

It does sound conciliatory, and gives Bas a last chance. If he then rejects it, as I said yesterday, good riddance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here