Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins out...

Wilkins - In or out?

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I don't particularly like the bloke, but you can't argue with our position at the moment, sacking him now would be daft

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
nobody can argue with our start to the season lets see how he does from here on

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's learning. The substitutions were spot-on today.

bhafan

Aug 1, 2003
Burgess Hill
Doing a good job at the moment but things can quickly change. Still don't think he's the manager to take us up to the next divison but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He's learning. The substitutions were spot-on today.

Just goes to show how influential you can be just by making the right changes at the right time. I was pissed off after the leeds game with him but today he was positive.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Has to be in, sussex lads playing for their local team brought through the system by Wendy and now being guided up the league by Wendy.

What a man!!! :albion2:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Considering how little support Knight and Co have provided,Wilkins has done very well, I hope he will be given the opportunity to continue in his post when,Gold or whoever take control of the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They've backed him with a three-year contract. To my mind, that's quite some backing.

QUOTE]

As everybody knows a contract means nothing in football there are many managers given a contract and then sacked 6 months later.

The backing most people consider to be of signifcance is the signing of players that the manager wants. In this case the jury is out because nobody really knows if we have gone after many players as there is very little in the press of any anticipated signings etc.

A midfielder or two have been mentioned but no positive outcome on a permanent basis as yet.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
WW - what do you mean when you say you don't like the bloke?

Probably not the best of moments to explain, but i'll give it my best shot.

As a person - i think his interviews are RUBBISH, i disagree with many of the opinions voiced in his interviews, and he bores me as much as I probably bore you (and if that isn't a good comparision, then you can probably replace 'me' with 'Hove Born & bread')

As a MANAGER - he pisses me off more often than not. 90% of the time He DOESN'T pick a side i agree with

He has a habit of making GASH substitions (can't argue with the ones he made on Saturday though, even if they were obvious)

His signings have, generally speaking, been pretty woeful. Savage and O'Callaghan i can''t argue with however, and probably Flinders too...but the rest have been toss.

Even now (with a winning team) he doesn't generally convince me. The french bloke...is he really better than the rest of our midfielders? Do the playing staff actually WANT to play for HIM? Is El-Abd really better than Butters? Should Robinson really be playing up front when he's managed one scuffed finish against a tinpot outfit in a competition nobody cares about? Why has it taken him so long to realise Bas ISN'T a winger? If we have one bad game against poor opposition, is he REALLY the man who can turn it around, and avoid a 6 match losing streak?

Fortunately, we AREN'T on a losing streak, we're WINNING games for once, and in the last couple of weeks, he's actually got his subs spot on, so i can't really complain (unless you really question me, as you have done!). Hopefully, i won't have to raise those issues again...but until he's been consistent over a longer period of time, i can't help but question him.

Still, you never know, and all that.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here