Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins MUST STOP doing the post match interviews

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I did not go today for reasons cited before. After the Tranmere game I could not stomach another inept performance. I dread to think what the reaction would have been if we had lost or even drawn.

Leaving Wilkins abilities or otherwise of being a good manager fot his club he MUST STOP being allowed on air for the post macth interview. He is inspiring as a cup of Cold tea.

Wilkins needs to get someone else to conduct the post match talk with Hawesy, someone like Chapman who can instill some passion and inspire the lost souls in radio land to come along again.

Even with a win Wilkins would turn off any floating fan or stay away fan from coming back with his passionless and rose tinted views on the dire football being served up.

Wilkins was " pleased " with the Tranmere performance, well I was not I almost lost the will to live Dean, Wilkins was pleased with today. OK a flukey 3 points fair enough but you cannot con the people who went. He also described the 1-1 draw at Oldham as one of the greatest ever away performanes or something like that.

The facts are people are not coming to watch us with him in charge and even with a win everyone was asking for him to step down. We need some inspiration, someone to instill some belief and hope. We have none at the moment.

Something must be done and soon.

Bore off. You weren't there.

We won. If everyone was like you, we'd be f***ed.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
:tosser:
I did not go today for reasons cited before.

Wilkins was pleased with today. OK a flukey 3 points fair enough but you cannot con the people who went.

or the people who didn't go ...... apparently.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The facts are people are not coming to watch us with him in charge and even with a win everyone was asking for him to step down.

I am guessing this line was put in to get a reaction?

Everyone asking him to stand down? Really? There were some boos and the some people laying into him at half time, but everyone calling for him to go? Well that did not happen and if you had bothered to turn up you would know that.

Still almost on a LI quote there Garth.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What a ricockulous stick to beat a manager with.

It's like saying a heart surgeon shouldn't be doing his job because he can't tell a decent knock knock joke.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
However do take into account who started this thread.

Think he would be better suited with the other bitter and twisted types that can be found on Brightonfans.

And You Would Be Better Suited To A Teenage Chat Site where You Could Bully To Your Hearts Content.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Ah there, there.

You Have All Ready Hounded Several Very Good Posters And Loyal Fans To That Brightonfans Site, Not To Mention The Way You Pushed Out The Best Manager We Have Ever Had. You Should Be Ashamed. It Is Genuine Posters Like Gavin That Make This Site Worth Reading.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I did not go today for reasons cited before. After the Tranmere game I could not stomach another inept performance. I dread to think what the reaction would have been if we had lost or even drawn.

Leaving Wilkins abilities or otherwise of being a good manager fot his club he MUST STOP being allowed on air for the post macth interview. He is inspiring as a cup of Cold tea.

Wilkins needs to get someone else to conduct the post match talk with Hawesy, someone like Chapman who can instill some passion and inspire the lost souls in radio land to come along again.

Even with a win Wilkins would turn off any floating fan or stay away fan from coming back with his passionless and rose tinted views on the dire football being served up.

Wilkins was " pleased " with the Tranmere performance, well I was not I almost lost the will to live Dean, Wilkins was pleased with today. OK a flukey 3 points fair enough but you cannot con the people who went. He also described the 1-1 draw at Oldham as one of the greatest ever away performanes or something like that.

The facts are people are not coming to watch us with him in charge and even with a win everyone was asking for him to step down. We need some inspiration, someone to instill some belief and hope. We have none at the moment.

10 0ut of 10.

Well said that man.

Keep it up,you pro Wilkins hopefuls.His days are shortening.

Grey army,grey army.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think i've ever been inspired by a managers post match comments and that does not effect the way i go to games or support the team. What he says after the game to the press i would imagine is nothing like what he said to the players in the dressing room away from cameras and recordings. Managers support the players slating them would do no good at all.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
My first post so ... hi everyone :) I live in Aberystwyth (hello other Aber Brighton fan on here) after many years of watching the Seagulls when I lived in Sussex - so before anyone asks, no I wasn't there last night, nor have I seen any matches since we left the Goldstone. You can stop reading now if that automatically invalidates my opinion for you :shrug:

Anyway, I'm sure that the quality of post-match interviews has very little impact on team performances, or the gate. Who is one of the most inspirational and passionate speakers about football? Kevin Keegan ... and the improvement since he want back to Newcastle - not very dramatic, is it? (Although he doesn't have to worry about falling gates.) What did he do with England? With Man C?

Now, IMHO the results this season are about what I expected. Not great, not awful (as I said, I can't comment on performances.) I am concerned about attendances, and if a change of manager would really make that much difference then obviously that has to be considered. Would it really though, and would be get a better manager or just a different one?

I think we're really in a state of suspended animation until we get to the new stadium. And, for the record, I think Dick Knight has done a superb job in getting us to this point. I know some people here think he should spend more and show more ambition on the pitch - well in time, yes. Let's secure the future of the club first and then press to get established in the Championship and, ultimately, the Premier League. Falmer will be a base for that IF we keep everything in good shape both now and when we get there. Remember what nearly happened - no club - and yes, that was a long time ago but it is still relevant - we're not at an unsuitable ground now by accident.

If Mr. Adams wanted to come back as manager, and be prepared to stick around for the long haul, and accept all that means, then great. Meanwhile Wilkins is learning and doing OK so far as I can see (which isn't far, I know, as I don't actually have to sit in the freezing cold ... )

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

You are so f***ing tedious. Go away.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, and Maghee always had me rolling around clutching my sides with his hilarious post match ponderings.

The masses have spokes US, you are like a bloody cracked record on this issue and frankly it says more about you than you realise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I accept the criticisms your right It was an excuse to have a pop at Wilkins and the thread is bollocks.

Apologies.

Gavin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here