• Unsure

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Bring back the lardy jock clown

Votes: 8 8.7%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'ts not a manager change thats needed we just need some squad rebuilding, I can see this being a busy summer in the transfer market.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
British Bulldog said:
I'ts not a manager change thats needed we just need some squad rebuilding, I can see this being a busy summer in the transfer market.

But with less money than last season

Out
Henderson 150k
Ckr 150k

In
Santos free
Revall 8,000
Elder 10,000
And lots of loans

Does not look good

:nono:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
All this ringing the changes at playing level is all well and good if we could attract players but alas that has been our major problem over the last few seasons. We just can not get good tried and tested players in as they would rather get a better wage at the likes of brentford. It is a shame but we have to face up to these facts.

1066gull

I say in, still, as i cant see us progressing if we sack him now, but i would offer him a reduced contract as i dont think 3 years is justifiable.

loosing confidence though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
B.M.F said:
All this ringing the changes at playing level is all well and good if we could attract players but alas that has been our major problem over the last few seasons. We just can not get good tried and tested players in as they would rather get a better wage at the likes of brentford. It is a shame but we have to face up to these facts.

I dont think Wilkins has a problem attracting players as he's proved with Whing, Bowdich, Rehman, Ward, Flinders, Bertin and O'Gooner. Ok they're mainly loan signings but at least it proves Wilkins has got contacts in the game.

New signings will be mainly offset by releasing some of the excisting squad that we've got, I really cant see Oatway, Hart, Kuipers and Frutos being here next season and possibly a few others as well.

The situation we have at the moment reminds me much of the season Barry Lloyd took over but hopefully without the relegation at the end of it! A lot of fans wanted Barry out after something like 2 wins in the last 20 or so games, But during the summer he disbanded and rebuilt the Albion the way he wanted it and led us to promotion the following season. I seem to recall Micky Adams doing the same thing as well.

Sometimes patience can be a virtue in football.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Out.

1 win at home this year, and 3 goals scored. Some strange substitutions, and tactical decisions, (which Mcghee was cascaded for), and I dont think he is the right man to get us promoted from this division. Perhaps a one year contract will suffice.

Dont get me wrong he's a gret bloke and a club legend, who has done wonders with the youth team, but he is out of his depth managing the first team im afraid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find it quite hard 18 people have voted yes

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My concern is that if wilkins signs a long term contract and next season starts of shit wheres does that leave Tight and Co

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
I say get rid...........we're worse off in my opinion , than if McGhee had stayed! What DK must avoid at all costs is letting Wilkins sign the contract. Let's face it, he hasn't exactly bitten his hand off!!
:nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These poll results are looking very similar to the MM ones before the disgusting abuse from the terraces/seats began. Is DW gonna be coming in for that early next season if we lose a couple or look a bit shit? I fear history is about to repeat itself with a manager hounded out by short sighted fans

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
British Bulldog said:
I dont think Wilkins has a problem attracting players as he's proved with Whing, Bowdich, Rehman, Ward, Flinders, Bertin and O'Gooner. Ok they're mainly loan signings but at least it proves Wilkins has got contacts in the game.

New signings will be mainly offset by releasing some of the excisting squad that we've got, I really cant see Oatway, Hart, Kuipers and Frutos being here next season and possibly a few others as well.

The situation we have at the moment reminds me much of the season Barry Lloyd took over but hopefully without the relegation at the end of it! A lot of fans wanted Barry out after something like 2 wins in the last 20 or so games, But during the summer he disbanded and rebuilt the Albion the way he wanted it and led us to promotion the following season. I seem to recall Micky Adams doing the same thing as well.

Sometimes patience can be a virtue in football.

How dare you post a well thought out and farsighted opinion in a thread were only the jerkiest knee is required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here