Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilfred Zaha

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
His valuation is strange to say the least, i know Palace fans rate and value him highly and there is no doubt he is a good young player albeit with much development still to do. Bolton reportedly offered between £5-7 million for him just before the window and with Palace's finances as they are I am mightily suprised they didn't bite Bolton's arm off for that kind of money and don't believe they will ever get a better offer than that. In all seriousness though if we had a spare £7 million to spend on a player, Zaha would be nowhere on my list, there are so many far superior players to be had for a lot less than that, cough... Vicente, cough.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And that's maybe the best point of all. If you had £7 million to spend on a player, would you be looking at Zaha? No.

As with Moses, the only clubs that were in for the player this time round were rubbish Northern relegation fodder like Wigan & Bolton.

Well and Barcelona & Real Madrid, obviously.

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
They. Won't. Believe. Us.

If i was to make one sensible post on this thread it would be asking the lines you make. But the Palace posters on here genuinely cannot perceive that we would not want their star player. Odd really as we were happy to let last seasons star player go.

some of you were happy !!!

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
And that's maybe the best point of all. If you had £7 million to spend on a player, would you be looking at Zaha? No.

As with Moses, the only clubs that were in for the player this time round were rubbish Northern relegation fodder like Wigan & Bolton.

Well and Barcelona & Real Madrid, obviously.

Well of course little old Brighton wouldn't spend 7 mill on Zaha, but for a big team, he would be ideal.

Think about it:

Young? Check
English? Check
Proved himself in the Championship? Check
Played for England U21? Check
Game Changer? Check

For 7 mill, you could buy a fifth of Andy Carroll, or, to paraphrase several sources, one of the hottest properties in the English game.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well of course little old Brighton wouldn't spend 7 mill on Zaha, but for a big team, he would be ideal.

Think about it:

Young? Check
English? Check
Proved himself in the Championship? Check
Played for England U21? Check
Game Changer? Check

For 7 mill, you could buy a fifth of Andy Carroll, or, to paraphrase several sources, one of the hottest properties in the English game.

Funny how nobody bid that for him then. I wonder why that was.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Might be a repost but found this interesting site (anorak alert!) which gives estimated current values of players, here is the Albion:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/brighton--hove-albion/startseite/verein_1237.html

And Palace:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/crystal-palace/startseite/verein_873.html

Some of the values seem reasonable but some of them are ridiculous:

Jedinak - £1.5 Million
McShane - £1.8 Million

El Abd- £225K
Bridcutt - £450K

Superstar Zaha seems reasonable value at £2.2million

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
hahaa...he's always injured

Ahem...

Zaha: Apps 33 Gls 4 Assists 2
Vicente: Apps 7 Gls 3 Assists 3

Not wishing to piss all over a £1.9bn player but I'd actually rather have Vicente's stats than Zaha's given that it took Zaha 24 more games to score ONE more goal and assist one LESS...

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's funny how Palace seem to have this reputation for producing outstanding youngsters really. Look at Southampton. Walcott, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain. All internationals at top clubs & worth a fortune.

Palace...let's see. Victor Moses: Wigan fringe player. Bostock: Spurs reserves. Wayne Routledge: perennial Championship journeyman winger, loaned to about fifty clubs so far. Clinton Morrison: mediocre Championship level striker at best, now fading away in League One.

They made some money out of these gimps, but not one has gone on to great things. Am I missing some here?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ahem...

Not wishing to piss all over a £1.9bn player but I'd actually rather have Vicente's stats than Zaha's given that it took Zaha 24 more games to score ONE more goal and assist one LESS...

Do it on minutes.

Vicente must have only played 200 minutes?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do hope he doesn't slip over on his way to collect the trophy. Have Palace ever thought of having his ears checked for balance issues?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ahem...

Those stats are rather telling and rather back up our argument. It's a pretty sad indictment of our league if Zaha has won the young player award.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here