Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wiii.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He works at Woolies. :thumbsup:

Oh, and they should use the temp signs for out of stock stuff, evidently the staff in your local branch are morons who can't do their jobs properly.

I'm sure WW is a model of efficiency and competency at his branch.

:)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting

Wii Maintenance Mode

Has anyone figured out what this does yet?
Hello,

You may be already aware of this, but the Wii has a maintenance mode that can be accessed by pushing the + and - buttons and then pushing A at start up. I just got a reply from Nintendo about an Inquiry. Feel free to post it. Here is the message unedited:

Message(#6851-000631-3638\6313638)

Hello,

At this time, the “Maintenance Mode” you discovered has no functionality for consumers. If at some future point a consumer application for this mode is made available, it will be revealed on our website (www.nintendo.com).

Even though it appears—with the exception of the Wii Message Board—that everything functions normally in this mode, we do not recommend using it at this time.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Interesting

Wii Maintenance Mode

Has anyone figured out what this does yet?
Hello,

You may be already aware of this, but the Wii has a maintenance mode that can be accessed by pushing the + and - buttons and then pushing A at start up. I just got a reply from Nintendo about an Inquiry. Feel free to post it. Here is the message unedited:

Message(#6851-000631-3638\6313638)

Hello,

At this time, the “Maintenance Mode” you discovered has no functionality for consumers. If at some future point a consumer application for this mode is made available, it will be revealed on our website (www.nintendo.com).

Even though it appears—with the exception of the Wii Message Board—that everything functions normally in this mode, we do not recommend using it at this time.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

As it says, doesn't really do anything at the moment. Some of the wii hackers have played around with it and not found anything much, it's not used for any of the modchips / hacks etc released so far..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
anyone got the Lego star wars games? Read reviews that say that are good but not sure so thought the might of NSC could help me cos its quite cheap

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
anyone got the Lego star wars games? Read reviews that say that are good but not sure so thought the might of NSC could help me cos its quite cheap

I have it on my PC. If you like Star Wars then get it, it's great fun. I can't quite justify getting it on the Wii too, same goes for PES 2008.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm sure WW is a model of efficiency and competency at his branch.

Sod that, i'm a shambles - but any part-time job that allows me to do get a degree and watch the Albion is good by me.

And if it means I can reserve the first Mario Kart that comes in the delivery, then i can't lose....well, much.

I am looking to buy one (partly as a result of this thread!) and the best deal I have found is in gamestation... what do people think of this?

Wii + Wii Sports + Mario Kart = £199.89
Wii wheel (second one) = £7.99
Wii Play (incl extra controller) + nunchuck = £44.89
Guitar Hero III = £54.99

+ £9.90 delivery
= £317.66

I've also bought pro evo from play for £29.99.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am looking to buy one (partly as a result of this thread!) and the best deal I have found is in gamestation... what do people think of this?

Wii + Wii Sports + Mario Kart = £199.89
Wii wheel (second one) = £7.99
Wii Play (incl extra controller) + nunchuck = £44.89
Guitar Hero III = £54.99

+ £9.90 delivery
= £317.66

I've also bought pro evo from play for £29.99.

Outstanding. Particularly the Wii + Wii Sports + Mario Kart for £199, that is excellent value. And a controller plus nunchuk would normally set you back £45, so to get a game thrown in as well is superb.

Place that order. Immediately.
(can't you pick it up yourself though ?)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Our son left his behind when he went back to Uni at Easter so it wouldn't distract him from his revision.

I bloody LOVE it.

You can easily spend an INSANE amount of time just trying to improve your best bowling score - and then wake up the next morning wondering why your arm feels as though it's going to fall off.

Outstanding. Particularly the Wii + Wii Sports + Mario Kart for £199, that is excellent value. And a controller plus nunchuk would normally set you back £45, so to get a game thrown in as well is superb.

Place that order. Immediately.
(can't you pick it up yourself though ?)

Thanks Easy. Will do. I tried to do it online, but because I've just moved house, and my bank are a bit slow, the delivery address doesn't match what they have down as my billing address (damn them) so I'm going to have to go back to the old-fashioned phone. Hopefully though that will mean I can pick it up instore and save on delivery!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I bought one FRIDAY.

I LOVE it.

The KIDS LOVE it.

Especially Guitar Hero, how have I gone so long without owning it. And the AEROSMITH version is out soon!!!!!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just managed to link up my Wii with my widescreen computer monitor. Now I can switch between the PC and the Wii but if I have people over it's easy enough to take it in the sitting room where the main bigscreen TV is!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If anyone is still looking for Mario Kart, HMV in Eastbourne have them in stock.

Right, I've ordered myself a wii. Now, my next question, I'm thinking I'm probably better off getting a remote charger, rather than running through AA batteries at a rate of knots. Is there an official nintendo charger, or do I have to buy one from the plethora of companies that seem to offer 'unofficial' ones. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good one to get?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Right, I've ordered myself a wii. Now, my next question, I'm thinking I'm probably better off getting a remote charger, rather than running through AA batteries at a rate of knots. Is there an official nintendo charger, or do I have to buy one from the plethora of companies that seem to offer 'unofficial' ones. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good one to get?

I jsut use normall rechargable battiers. Not as cool but works for me. I know Nintendo do one that is powered by the Wii.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here