Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wiii.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yep, another Wii thread - sorry chaps!

Having got the N64 out of the loft at the weekend, i'm reminded of the genius of Nintendo - Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong...brilliant, brilliant games.

I've NEVER even played a Wii, but I think I might finally take the plunge and get one, having owned the previous four Nintendo consoles.

So, I ask NSC - is there anywhere they can be purchased for less than £179.99?
Or, are there any good bundle deals out there? (The ones i've found have been crap).

Oh and also - is it easy to hook them up to the internet? I quite fancy downloading Mario World for the Snes....

Cheers!

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I have also been interested in getting one of these, however I am worried that once the initial novelty wears off it will gather dust in the corner. Is this the case with those that own them?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Potter,

I would say that the best package I have seen at the moment is at Gamestation.
£250 gets you a Wii, Wii Sports and ANY 3 other wii games.
but it will cost you £30ish for another controller (for multi player games - which makes the wii a better console than any other)

If you have wireless broadband at home, then the wii connects itself, or you just add the network key and away you go

It is also backwards compatible for the game cube if you own one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have also been interested in getting one of these, however I am worried that once the initial novelty wears off it will gather dust in the corner. Is this the case with those that own them?

I've had mine since Christmas and had nothing but problems.....

.....deciding what game to play, cos they're all bloody brilliant. I switch the thing on and am immediately torn between PES 2008, carrying on with Mario Galaxy, going for a thrash on Mario Kart, or having a golf or bowling session on Wii Sports. I can stick any one of those on, and two hours has gone before I know it.

I was bored with computer games, but this thing has reawakened my appetite in them because its so different. Its a tremendous bit of kit. Every household should have one.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Buy it, simple as.

For simple Playability, and value for money, it's hard to beat.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I own the XBOX 360 , PS3 and the Wii, and the Wii gets played much more than the other two

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Potter,

I would say that the best package I have seen at the moment is at Gamestation.
£250 gets you a Wii, Wii Sports and ANY 3 other wii games.
but it will cost you £30ish for another controller (for multi player games - which makes the wii a better console than any other)

If you have wireless broadband at home, then the wii connects itself, or you just add the network key and away you go

It is also backwards compatible for the game cube if you own one.

3 games for £80 then. Sounds like a good deal if the best games are 40 quid a go.

The wireless Mario Kart thing does sound like a winner.

And the prospect of getting stuck in to Rogue Squadron 2 again - awesome!

You make a good salesman !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
3 games for £80 then. Sounds like a good deal if the best games are 40 quid a go.

They're not always though.
Mario Kart is £35, which considering it comes equipped with a steering wheel is a BARGAIN (got mine off Ebay for £29, even better).

PES 2008 was in Tesco for £28 when it first came out.

Resident Evil 4 (which is utter GENIUS btw) retails at £30

Quite a few Wii games seem to be a bit cheaper than the usual.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

The wireless Mario Kart thing does sound like a winner.

And the prospect of getting stuck in to Rogue Squadron 2 again - awesome!

You make a good salesman !

I have to say Mario Kart is very good, you can then join in on the NSC championships....

Mario V Sonic at the Olympics is also a must buy.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
They're not always though.
Mario Kart is £35, which considering it comes equipped with a steering wheel is a BARGAIN (got mine off Ebay for £29, even better).

PES 2008 was in Tesco for £28 when it first came out.

Resident Evil 4 (which is utter GENIUS btw) retails at £30

Quite a few Wii games seem to be a bit cheaper than the usual.

My maths is shocking anyway - it would be 3 games for 70 quid. Even better.

You're right though, just had a look at prices. It seems that most games are £35 or less.

However, as I stupidly forgot I can get 10% off at your beloved Woolies, I might just nab one from there. Maybe even with a Mario Kart, if i can get hold of one!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My maths is shocking anyway - it would be 3 games for 70 quid. Even better.

You're right though, just had a look at prices. It seems that most games are £35 or less.

However, as I stupidly forgot I can get 10% off at your beloved Woolies, I might just nab one from there. Maybe even with a Mario Kart, if i can get hold of one!

Well good luck with that. Woolies are a complete dead loss. If its not on the shelf, DO NOT try to order it, they'll only f*** it up. And if it IS on the shelf, you'll queue up with it, only to get to the desk for them to say "oh, durrr, we ain't got none in at the moment like, durrr thats just the display case"

"So WHY BOTHER putting display cases of games out when you don't even have them in stock ? How about a small SIGN saying 'we don't actually have this in stock, but heres the box to look at anyway' " ?

".....durrrr" *dribble*

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I got mine from Gamestation and got Wii Play (which includes another Wiimote) as one of the 3 games. Though Wii Play is not as good as Wii Sports it is well worth it when you get the controller free. It also has that clasic game COW Racing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wii Ware looks interesting too - was checking it out yesterday.

Small third party developers releasing small games via the Wii Shop. Different from the Virtual Console games in that they are brand new and written for the Wii so use the Wiimote (not the classic controller) and some include online multi-player play too.

Basically the Wii version of Xbox Live on the 360, I think.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I got a wii and 2 other games from virgin- now zavvi for £220 quid... they still have this offer and i believe it is one of the best . Add £45 quid if u want multiplayer tho as ull av 2 buy a remote and a numchuck

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Got a Wii for £153 at Gatwick Airport (HMV, south terminal) two weeks ago, and Mario Kart for £28, total saving on RRP about £34. You can buy on the way out and pick up on the way back if you, or anyone you know, is going on hols.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
CRICKET:

Will include football, cricket, golf, volleyball and more.
beach volleyball - Beach-based sports collection coming...

THQ has announced the summer 2008 release of Big Beach Sports, a new sports game collection in development exclusively for Wii.

The game sees players enter a seaside resort where up to four players will be able to compete in a range of beach-based sports including volleyball, football, American football, bocce, disc golf and cricket. Each sport should be pretty simple to get into, with real-life sports motions translating to in-game actions.

"The innovative Wii Remote controller has revolutionized sports gaming, letting us involve the player like never before," said Steve Dauterman, senior vice president of product development, THQ. "Big Beach Sports applies the control scheme to each of the varied sports featured, letting players pick up and play the games they know and learn the ones they don't know."

Big Beach Sports looks to have a good selection of sports and with the Wii still waiting for the next Wii Sports could this be it?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well good luck with that. Woolies are a complete dead loss. If its not on the shelf, DO NOT try to order it, they'll only f*** it up. And if it IS on the shelf, you'll queue up with it, only to get to the desk for them to say "oh, durrr, we ain't got none in at the moment like, durrr thats just the display case"

"So WHY BOTHER putting display cases of games out when you don't even have them in stock ? How about a small SIGN saying 'we don't actually have this in stock, but heres the box to look at anyway' " ?

".....durrrr" *dribble*

He works at Woolies. :thumbsup:

Oh, and they should use the temp signs for out of stock stuff, evidently the staff in your local branch are morons who can't do their jobs properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here