Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan

1066gull

All foreign supporters of football clubs in the Champions League like in Spain will think...

"Who the fcuk are Wigan?"

....a team who entered the Football League just 27 years ago....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1066Seagull said:
All foreign supporters of football clubs in the Champions League like in Spain will think...

However, if it were us-they'd be thinking "Who the f*** are Brighton"?
:rolleyes:

PS: Thanks for reminding me that "You'll never walk alone" is the tune for that...:shootself

Last edited:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
One of my best mates is a WigWam fan, I was at the last game at Springfield park etc....

Provided us with the opportunity to harrass Bellotti and he had to leave or be lynched. And an Orange ball being needed for one game, marvellous

But, I do remember in our darkest day, before the Whelan money etc, we got beaten 2-1 by them and I lost it with the fans and stewards near the away end, taking the piss out of us for losing our ground and singing 'one Bill Archer' etc.

Good luck to them, hope they win the league really, but they still have a small degree of loathing in my heart after that.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Hi from an occasional poster! Those who know me on here will know that I know Paul Jewell. He is quite worried about their lack of strength in depth and will make several moves during the transfer window in January. I am sorry to say that one of those moves could be for McShane who he has had watched 3 times now. Sees him in the Makele role in front of the back 4.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
perseus said:
When was the last time a smaller unfashionable club won the League. Ipswich in the early sixties?

Blackburn?

Eggmundo said:
I wish them well, they don't look arrogant with it.
Although I did hear the Wigan fans chanting "EASY, EASY" etc. on MOTD, wankers.

was quite funny watching the Chasetown fans doing that chant agint Oldham :clap: :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good on them.

Actually make the premier league a bit more interesting than the BORE fest that it has become.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
1066Seagull said:

....a team who entered the Football League just 27 years ago....

I'd imagine it's probably similar to me asking "Who are Osasuna?", currently top of their league, above Real and Barcelona.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Yorkie said:
How awful. I heard Brighton fans doing it at Selhurst. Pot, kettle, black
I have never done the EASY chant.
Therefore I am entitled to moan.
I thankyou.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
wallington seagull said:
Hi from an occasional poster! Those who know me on here will know that I know Paul Jewell. He is quite worried about their lack of strength in depth and will make several moves during the transfer window in January. I am sorry to say that one of those moves could be for McShane who he has had watched 3 times now. Sees him in the Makele role in front of the back 4.
Please inform him that McShane is actually terribly crap and it is only the fact our midfield are so incredibly solid that it makes the game easy for him.

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Yorkie said:
How awful. I heard Brighton fans doing it at Selhurst. Pot, kettle, black

That was well and truely called for, easy, easy. :clap2:

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
It's good in theory i guess in a few years time it could be us. Pathetic replies aside once Falmer is built and some investment we get the right mix. For the last few seasons we've managed 3 promotions on no budget. Think if we could actually spend some money what we could do.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here