Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan as good as Chelsea?

The season is yet young, but if you look at Wigan's position, there is little between them and Chelsea actually. One late enigmatic belt from Crespo, after Wigan had given Chelsea a tough game gave Chelsea a three point advantage that so-easily may not have been (they could easily have levelled at one-apiece). Wigan presently have a game in hand, and Chelsea are 6 points ahead of them - so if Wigan win their game-in-hand, it's only the Crespo strike that sets them apart!

I look forward to 'Jewell vs Morinho' arguments - but the media are still stuck on 'the big boys' of the prem despite their current form.

Thank Wigan for keeping this season's Prem football interesting so far! :clap:

Last edited:

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
Very tough games ahead for Wigan, its good to see them where they are but they will be mid table by xmas, which is still an excellent achievment :clap2:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
any team which has a multi billionaire as an owner should be top as they can have any player they want (give or take a few), so i say good luck to wigan, good to see a newly promoted tema doing so well

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
brilliant to see them doing so well. i wonder how morinho would do with the budject jewell has?

played wigan!!! quality to see u up near the top

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
london_seagull said:
brilliant to see them doing so well. i wonder how morinho would do with the budject jewell has?

played wigan!!! quality to see u up near the top

Put it this way.I bet Jewell had more money to spend then Porto and they still won the european cup under Morinho

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the Daily Telegraph Fantasy Football, the Wigan defence are performing FAR better than the Chelsea defence - who haven't kept a clean sheet for about two months now.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wigan had the problem that they were offering good money for players but none of them wanted to go there.
I wonder if some of those players are now kicking themselves.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I told everyone I know that Wigan would not struggle this season in the Prem. Granted they may, but so far they have proved me right. I was really impressed with them when I saw them at Elland Rd last yr. Glad I didn't go to the 3-0 drubbing away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here