Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why?

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I agree that things seem to have gone a bit flat this season. Hardly surprising that after two championships and the start we made this season under Coppell a potential play-off place sems like second best. But I think that will change if we get the three points on Saturday, and the excitement will steadily mount. If I remember correctly the '90-91 season had a similar feel to it with surprisingly low crowds for a promotion-seeking team. (I can remember the team being booed off after a dismal 3-0 home defeat to Oxford towards the end of that season. John Byrne's look of disgust at the crowd's reaction was a thing to behold and has always endeared me to him.) But of course that all changed when Deano's free kick went in, and I think we can expect to see similar interest this time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think part of the deflated feeling came immediately after Coppout left.
Knowing a third manager had walked out on us in as many years and still not getting a decision about Falmer has deflected anything that has happened on the field.

McGhee is doing a great job but will he stick with us? I would like to think so but I thought that about the previous managers.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
it's understandable battle fatigue. The last game at the Goldstone was 7 years ago this week - and we still haven't got over it, still haven't resolved the shit Archer created. And after the heydays of Micky's team storming the third div, and winning the second, what we are seeing now isn't as exciting: Bobby Zamora was a legend and we were privelged to see him. The present team are good but don't have the class, and being in the play offs in a league we won last time we were in it is bound to be a bit of a downer.

But imagine the atmosphere tomorrow is we had postive Falmer news today! Our attitudes and lives would be transformed! The excitement of the play off semis will lift us; the final would be a fantastic occasion - but Falmer is the obvious future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here