Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...is it that there is so much apathy around at the moment.

we are on the brink of a playoff place to get into the First Division, we have a decent manager, decent team, the league's top scorre and best defender, loyal fans, a ground ( allbeit not brilliant), we live in a lovelly part of the world, have a good standard of living and basically have good supporters.

So why can we not get very excited?

I assume Saturday to be one big carnival atmosphere, baloons, singing, shouting , joyous scenes of a season well done....WHY DO I THINK THIS WILL NOT BE?

:shootself

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
is it the weather? :blush:

seriously though, it does suprise me at the moment - we seem to be in a comfortable rut currently - waiting for Falmer, waiting for the rest of the league to decide whether we should be in the playoffs as we seem to have lost enthusiasm for it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because we're not CHAMPIONES this time :(

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yeah but hey .... since 1996 we have either been fighting relegation, winning championships, being relegated and now fighting for promotion again ....

it's hardly been boring .... we could have been like Palace or Spurs .... permanent mid-table mediocrity

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
As we are vertually assured a play-off place with no chance of automatic promotion it has gone a bit flat. However wait until the play-offs and it will all come to life again.

Roll on the Play-offs

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'm looking forward to the amtch plus the player of the season will be announced

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
If you get to the playoff final I might buy a shirt and go. If I don't buy a shirt I will go anyway. It will be a decent piss up for me as I wouldn't really care about the result :lolol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cafc "you're" ?????

"your" surely?

dave the gaffer said:

we are on the brink of a playoff place to get into the First Division, we have a decent manager, decent team, the league's top scorre and best defender, loyal fans, a ground ( allbeit not brilliant), we live in a lovelly part of the world, have a good standard of living and basically have good supporters.

I assume Saturday to be one big carnival atmosphere, baloons, singing, shouting , joyous scenes of a season well done....WHY DO I THINK THIS WILL NOT BE?

I think it is mainly to do with the Falmer descision,everyone is on a knife edge at the moment ,just waiting for the news to break is driving me mad.I think as soon as we get the descision(and it will be positive) then there will be an explosion of joy throughout the county and beyond,I think we should do a giant conger around falmer village ,try and set a record,:mexican: :mexican:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
If you get to the playoff final I might buy a shirt and go. If I don't buy a shirt I will go anyway. It will be a decent piss up for me as I wouldn't really care about the result :lolol:

Yeah, but games are crap when you don't care about the result.

I went to watch Palace v Reading for the Falmer For All thing earlier in the season and it was rubbish. A poor game is even worse when you haven't got any team loyalties to get all animated about!

I did cheer when Reading scored though

;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn't see the "record" bit and read that as "set a fire" LOL

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
edna krabappel said:
Yeah, but games are crap when you don't care about the result.

I did Readng away last year and had a bloody good nite. The reult, once I get there probably would mean something :D

Besides Charlton will never get to a final so it is my best chanceof going there

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

Rollercoaster fatigue maybe? Or the fact that we would have gone up as championes if we'd shown any kind of even AVERAGE away form? Or - far more likely - the fact that any decision on Falmer, or even the 2000 extra seats seems to have just dragged on forever. When a well-respected poster on here says the wait for the Falmer decision is 'just getting boring now' then something's far wrong. And NSC stalwarts are showing a LOT more interest in the mickey-mousey Brighton Bears basketball team than is healthy.

What's almost certain to happen on Saturday (or the home leg of the play-off semi-final) is we'll win the match, there'll be an announcement before the final whistle that the players will be back on to do a lap of honour BUT ONLY IF SPECTATORS STAY OFF THE PITCH. Final whistle goes, a couple of dozen young and enthusiastic, lifeblood-of-the-Albion's-future fans encroach on the pitch - for about five seconds before the the remainder of the moribund ****s that didn't slink off for the bus five minutes earlier start loudly booing the folk on the pitch. Maybe everybody could brighten up the occasion by turning round a giving a good slap to any Albion non-fan found booing an albion fan on the pitch. Now THAT'S entertainment :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think a lot of us are "Falmered Out" - we've done so much and must now wait and keep praying.

On the playing side if we don't make the play-offs we deserve shooting and there is no need to get excited about it for a week or so.

Face facts we expected a minimum of play-offs

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
think expected minimum of play offs. espeically after our great start to season. topping the league for a long time. think of poor old vale top of league for longer than us and might not even make playoffs. think that is the problem. plus the falmer factor. excitment will pick up when in playoffs. espeically if we are in the final.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We should try and make a carnival atsmosphere if we are winning easy and all is going well.Few mexican waves,congo up the running track bottom of the South Stand.Lots of jump around if you want Falmer. Will it happen ? will it f**k.
I am really looking forward to it as I do every Saturday.Seems ages since we were discussing the Bristol City trip.:drink: :drink:

Always helps.Straight out afterwards so a good session of beer.
Look on the bright side,we won't have to put up with the whingers ,moaners and general miserable Albion fans for much longer then we get a break from them.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Roll on August.
When are the fixtures out ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here