Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why would anyone want to watch Southampton vs Brighton live on SKY?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Outside of the top few Premiership teams, you could say "why does anyone want to watch x vs y" about any game of football on the telly.

i tire of watching man u play somebody else all the time on sky, i like the games from the lower leagues ,the game today was one way traffic but good non the less.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suppose it depends how much you like football I guess, given the fact that 4-6 on a Sunday at this time of the year is basically sit in front of the telly time, I'd expect a reasonable amount of viewers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because it's a habit, sunday evening football. Sit and watch it while you let your sunday roast go down.

Because you're a football fan

Because you realise brighton and southampton is a bit of a south coast derby and derby matches are usually fun.

Because you're a gambling addict and you have a bit of change on it.

Because you don't like songs of praise, or whatever is on the other side.

Because your team is facing one of them soon and you want to check them out.

Because you're team is vying with them, and you want to reassure yourself you're better than them (I got a degree of satisfaction from Wycombe losing by the same margin as brighton did at huddersfield)

Last edited:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Well, I'm going to walk for two hours along the coast tomorrow from Sunderland to South Shields, to watch the match in The New Crown; providing the weather behaves. If it's raining I'll take the bus. It'll be the second time this season I've done it. A couple of days before McParland was sacked by Notts Co I walked along on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and saw the (Proper) Magpies throw away a two goal lead. Mind, although I'm neither a Notts or B&HA supporter I'm not a disinterested spectator; I'm a bettor.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Apart from Southampton and Brighton fans who can't / don't want to go to the game itself, what possible reason could there be for a follower of neither Club to sit down at 4:30pm on Sunday and say, "Right, I'm going to spend the next 2 hours watching Southampton vs Brighton!"

:shrug:

practically all my colleagues at wrk are rams fans, but they said they'll be tuning in. Its the poyet flair-factor innit

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Well, I'm going to walk for two hours along the coast tomorrow from Sunderland to South Shields, to watch the match in The New Crown; providing the weather behaves. If it's raining I'll take the bus. It'll be the second time this season I've done it. A couple of days before McParland was sacked by Notts Co I walked along on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and saw the (Proper) Magpies throw away a two goal lead. Mind, although I'm neither a Notts or B&HA supporter I'm not a disinterested spectator; I'm a bettor.

i was at meadow lane that evening thrilling match

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
As a regular Sky viewer I must say that even after a couple of seasons I do not want to watch anything other than the premiership,the exception is the Albion once they get back into the Championship,with the present squad. I think its going to be a long wait.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As a regular Sky viewer I must say that even after a couple of seasons I do not want to watch anything other than the premiership,the exception is the Albion once they get back into the Championship,with the present squad. I think its going to be a long wait.

Thats quite sad...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its part of the deal Sky brought and they show all clubs at some point, dont they? im sure it wouldnt get much interest on pay per view, but people pay for subscription and watch whats put on if they are footy nuts.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
As a result of the Poyet appointment EVERY Chelsea and Spurs fan i know have declared us as their new second team. He is VERY popular.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sunday afternoon, nothing else on, shite outside, you pay for Sky sports all reasons to watch

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

The ONLY games I watch on the telly are Albion and England games I can't actually go to. I watch lots of games between other sides, but I do that live.

Let's be honest, football on the telly is shit. Quite how anybody can get excited about it, except when the team you support is playing, is beyond me - whereas a game between two teams you don't support can be thoroughly enjoyable live.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I reckon it will get a decent viewing figure, lots of local interest, Poyet, just the fact that some folks will always watch live footy, especially if the weather us shite outside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here