Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Would Anyone Want To Be A Lorry Driver?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
In these parts the lions' share of independent, owner-operated truckers are from the fringes of The Big World -- rural Quebec, Aroostook County, far upstate New York, PA between PIT and PHI, which suggests it's a combination of not much other work and a desire to get out and see the world -- or at least different pine trees.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
Had a run today from my depot in Corby ,and had one drop in Hove and the other in lancing ,went past the Goldstone retail park (very sad),did the drops ,had breakfast on the front sun shining ,cd blaring and a clear run all the way back ,and home for 4pm ,happy days.

franks brother

Had a run today from my depot in Corby ,and had one drop in Hove and the other in lancing ,went past the Goldstone retail park (very sad),did the drops ,had breakfast on the front sun shining ,cd blaring and a clear run all the way back ,and home for 4pm ,happy days.

I was in corby myself today and back home by 4pm as well:clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The amout of snarl ups I see caused by a lorry overtaking another lorry but only going 1mph quicker is ridiculous.

Thats one thing I hate about lorry drivers, I got held up on the A34 one night by it and it took the driver 5 miles to overtake the other lorry. Is it really worth the effort just to gain a few yards?

Jan 30, 2008
The Hours Are Shit, The Pay Is Crap, Listening To The Same Shit On The Radio Can Make You Suicidal. You Have To Deal With Tossers In BMWs On The Motorways And Raping Prostitutes Is Too Much Like Hard Work Trying To Avoid Capture Nowadays To Be Fun.

Are There Any Perks To The Job?
looking at dougdeeps post's ,very little i would suggest

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Plenty of perks.You are your own boss,smoke when you want to,looking down at birds in there cars.Much rather be on the road then stuck in an office.Times goes quicker as well.

it is illegal to smoke in the lorry as it is classed as a work place,ive had a warning about it after complaint from maidstone council who photographed me.:censored: other than that though i would not change jobs

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Thats one thing I hate about lorry drivers, I got held up on the A34 one night by it and it took the driver 5 miles to overtake the other lorry. Is it really worth the effort just to gain a few yards?

This takes a great deal of practice :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here