Southwick
Archer, isn't it? :censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Sad pic, very sad pic, almost makes me cry :nono: :angry:

See ya Saturday Caveman :wave: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Sorry, but i'm sure when seeing the Goldstone like that it makes you want Falmer even more!

We deserve Falmer for the simple reason that the Goldstone was taken away from us fans through no thought of our own.

If we don't get the go ahead, you can see that all hell will break loose!

I've got some other excellent pictures that'll post later, also some equally :nono: ones.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never seen that picture before, its horrifying. All the twisted metal...what a mess.
:nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Can't believe you whinge about that picture when you have so many good memorys in which overshadows the picture.
You think goldstone you think what great memorys and not some building site that can no way overshadow your memorys.:clap: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
berkshire seagull said:
Can't believe you whinge about that picture when you have so many good memorys in which overshadows the picture.
You think goldstone you think what great memorys and not some building site that can no way overshadow your memorys.:clap: :clap:
Of course we have the good memories of the place - thats why it's always jarring (for me anyway) to see it in that state, and to remember how it all ended. If it was to move on to a bigger, better stadium then it would be easier to take. But look at what the club has ended up with since losing that ground.

The spirit of the Goldstone can only be truley laid to rest once we have a home again.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well i laid the beloved goldstone to rest years ago and have my great memorys.
Everyone is diffrent though and although the poor ground was starting to crumble and capacity reduced year after year its ashame that it had to go in that way and not moving straight into a new stadium and thats why the new stadium must be called the goldstone full stop.:drink: thats my opion or a stand called the goldstone at the very least.:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I never realised how much I'd miss a genuinly 4-sided ground. Even if its a ramshackle old shed of a ground (like Millmoor or Layer Road) it still creates an atmosphere. You can't even call Withdean a 3-sided ground really, as the South Stands and the stands "behind" the east goal are so far away from the pitch, it barely counts. For me, nothing beats standing behind the goal in a stand which goes right up to the nets (like at QPR).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here